Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: GOT in 2 days the wait is almost over
https://twitter.com/InternetPalace/statu...0778767362&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2019%2F05%2F20%2Fentertainment%2Fpost-game-of-thrones%2Findex.html

Bron will make a good king...

6 episodes were far too few to tell the story, which with GoT was always as delicious as the outcome. 

I'm satisfied, not blown-away. 

I'll probably write more later, but I wonder if anyone else would agree with this thought: they could've ended the show / series with the scene of the melted throne.  Yes, it would leave alot of questions unanswered... but is that worse than giving bad answers? 

Everyone fought, died, betrayed, sacrificed principles, etc... for the seat of power.  And, in the end: no one got it: showing how vain that pursuit was.  It would've been a thoughtful / philosophical ending.  But, alas: we get Bran as the King.  Blech.

Quote: @pumpf said:
Everyone fought, died, betrayed, sacrificed principles, etc... for the seat of power.  And, in the end: no one got it: showing how vain that pursuit was. 
Some had predicted this very outcome. I did appreciate the symbolism of that very scene. Or maybe I'm just to damn easy to please. 
But again I say I liked this ending. Show a glimpse of everyones future and close it out. That's what series ending are supposed to do. To me anyhow. Many complain things feel forced. Well it had to end so you do the best you can to give all characters closer. It just sometimes feels cheesy. Better then no closure and totally open. 

At best, it was OK.
Big complaint: nothing really INTERESTING/SHOCKING occurred. Or, put it another way: of all the many possible theories that people put forward - most based on bread crumbs left by earlier episodes - did ANY of them come through? "Dany is actually a dragon herself": Nope. "There are other dragons which will appear": Nope. "Jon will ride Drogon since he's a Targaryen": Nope. "Varys had secretly contacted others about Dany or had something setup by taking off his rings": Nope. "Tyrion has been acting in the interests of the Lannister family all along": Nope. "Tyrion is a secret Targaryen": Nope. "Tyrion's request to Davos to smuggle something will be important": Nope.
Most of these were "fan theories" and almost all were going to be wrong, but shouldn't SOMETHING have been a revelation? This series sold a lot of "theory lottery tickets" - shouldn't there be at least one or a few winners?
Second big gripe: Jon kills Dany, Drogon burns the throne and carries Dany away (all of that without witnesses), and then...a few weeks have passed and we see nothing of what occurred between? What did Jon do after Drogon left? Walk out and surrender himself? (Otherwise, how did anyone even know he killed her?) Did he try to claim leadership and get rejected? Did none of his own men try to keep him from imprisonment? If Grey Worm was so vengeful, why was his response about Jon essentially, "Let's imprison you while I invite a dozen of your family/friends/allies and ask them what to do"??
Jon: For its entire run, GoT has hinted at the idea that Jon is a Targaryan prince, and that the revelation of his true heritage would be meaningful and have dramatic effects on Westeros. But now it is verified...and he goes back to the same place where bastards go? And if Grey Worm and his Unsullied are leaving Westeros for Naath, who cares if they want Jon banished??
Bran: everything about the past Three-Eyed Raven, and his own actions since taking that role, suggest ZERO interest in political leadership, but even if you put that aside - why would he get elected/chosen? Most people wouldn't even believe what he claims to have become, and I have to think those lords would want someone with a little more battle experience than sitting in a chair as bait for the Night King. Others would assume Bran is a puppet for Sansa. "Good story"? If you pick the king on that basis (and why would these people actually take the suggestion of prisoner Tyrion?), isn't Tyrion's story at least as good as Bran's? Isn't Sansa's? ISN'T JON'S STORY THE BEST OF ALL AND THE CORE OF THE ENTIRE EPIC??

Really feels like the writers just chose the simplest "resolution" for a story that had many complex and interesting plotlines.

Making Jon Snow king at the end was my personal choice, but it was also the most obvious imho. 

Bran was a more interesting plot twist. 

But it's over now, will be interesting to see the spinoff's and GRR is still wrapping-up B6 before finishing 7. More tales to tell from the true lord of the story. 

The producers/directors deserve an applause for 7.25 seasons of historical excellence. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The producers/directors deserve an applause for 7.25 seasons of historical excellence. 
[Image: 7swgoa3zqtwx.gif]

Quote: @pumpf said:
I'll probably write more later, but I wonder if anyone else would agree with this thought: they could've ended the show / series with the scene of the melted throne.  Yes, it would leave alot of questions unanswered... but is that worse than giving bad answers? 

Everyone fought, died, betrayed, sacrificed principles, etc... for the seat of power.  And, in the end: no one got it: showing how vain that pursuit was.  It would've been a thoughtful / philosophical ending.  But, alas: we get Bran as the King.  Blech.
That was my exact text to my GF...this is where it should end...but instead we got another 30 minutes of bad writing...Bran? Come on...only if you're constipated is Bran the answer to anything...

Benioff and Weiss have been on their own since I believe S4 or S5...

Would not surprise me if they knew how GRR was going to end the story in his last book and before Spring.

Perhaps Bran is not only great for pooping, but rules the 6 kingdoms in GRR's version too?

Will be interesting to see how the two compare. 

I've not talked to one person that watched GoT that liked the last season.