• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hearing Rumblings of more bad news - Everson
Quote: @comet52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@comet52 said:
@96POPS said:
@"MaroonBellbuds" said:
@suncoastvike said:
I have no doubt in my mind if the team or a teammate asked him Brian would be in uniform that day.
Of course he would. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. For the life of me, I don't understand those who think this was some sort of personal thing. 
Maybe because they got it from me. Some of the things that have gone on between Brian and his agent with RS. Also the way everything was done last year during the eventual pay cut and knowing Brian wanted to retire a Viking at the end of this year.
Asking him this year to take a huge pay cut, which he agreed to and then releasing him. 
There is a lot of things, but here's a good question to ponder.
If it's not personal and your team is in a bit of a turmoil (like now) why haven't you already made a call to a player who kept your defense running smoothly for the past couple of years? And the same player was described by Zimmer as being one of the best leaders be has come across during his career.
If you answer those questions then tell me what conclusion you come too.

Personal?  You are saying the G.M. of an NFL team makes decisions not based on money or talent or quality of play, but because he has some personal grudge against your son?   Seriously, why should anyone believe that?  It's ridiculous on it's face.
you think nothing is personal in business... now who is being rediculous?
Give us a reason why Spielman has a grudge against Robison.   Back it up with legit source/facts.   Otherwise this is just horsepoop masquerading as information.
you can choose  not to believe it,  but it doesnt mean its not true.  why would a players father lie about the relationship between his son the player and the teams GM?  He has never minced words on the subject going back to PT so its not like this just is coming up in the last couple years when he was reaching the end of his career.   

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
Removing Brian out of that locker room was a mistake.  Many said his leadership would be missed even more than his play.  IMO... they are right, BRob was a second coach and an extremely focused man.  He was still producing too, the team went young and it's biting them in the ass as the D is not in the top 10 and can be scored on with ease for the most part.

If it came down to roster spots... did we really need 5 RBs?  Rick screwed the pooch on this and by treating a vet like he treated Brian... pay cut, and another pay cut to retire a Viking... then fired...  what kind of message does that send to the players on the roster.  For me it says "hey, we call you family, but really... you're just pieces of meat that we will screw over if we think it will work for us.  We will say one thing and do something else, but trust us.... we've got your back.... until we don't." 

But then again I've never like "smiley glad hands with hidden agendas"....  and Rick is one of the smiliest glad hands I've seen.  

Get Well Griff. 
This was my worry. You could replace him in the rotation. They have not replaced him on the sideline or the locker room. They have a hole there now. I don't even believe they've replaced him on the field.

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
Removing Brian out of that locker room was a mistake.  Many said his leadership would be missed even more than his play.  IMO... they are right, BRob was a second coach and an extremely focused man.  He was still producing too, the team went young and it's biting them in the ass as the D is not in the top 10 and can be scored on with ease for the most part.

If it came down to roster spots... did we really need 5 RBs?  Rick screwed the pooch on this and by treating a vet like he treated Brian... pay cut, and another pay cut to retire a Viking... then fired...  what kind of message does that send to the players on the roster.  For me it says "hey, we call you family, but really... you're just pieces of meat that we will screw over if we think it will work for us.  We will say one thing and do something else, but trust us.... we've got your back.... until we don't." 

But then again I've never like "smiley glad hands with hidden agendas"....  and Rick is one of the smiliest glad hands I've seen.  

Get Well Griff. 
lol if you dont think this is exactly how every midsized and up organization thinks then youre living under a rock. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
@96POPS said:
@"MaroonBellbuds" said:
@suncoastvike said:
I have no doubt in my mind if the team or a teammate asked him Brian would be in uniform that day.
Of course he would. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. For the life of me, I don't understand those who think this was some sort of personal thing. 
Maybe because they got it from me. Some of the things that have gone on between Brian and his agent with RS. Also the way everything was done last year during the eventual pay cut and knowing Brian wanted to retire a Viking at the end of this year.
Asking him this year to take a huge pay cut, which he agreed to and then releasing him. 
If it's not personal and your team is in a bit of a turmoil (like now) why haven't you already made a call to a player who kept your defense running smoothly for the past couple of years? And the same player was described by Zimmer as being one of the best leaders be has come across during his career.

Personal?  You are saying the G.M. of an NFL team makes decisions not based on money or talent or quality of play, but because he has some personal grudge against your son?   Seriously, why should anyone believe that?  It's ridiculous on it's face.
Comet, i could explain to you a lot of reasons why I and some of his family believe this is somewhat personal. But that would take a book and then you would just say it doesn't matter. Kinda like my
comment above. I'm not saying it's all personal but for some reason, to some extent, it must be.
Whether it be the coaches asking him to do things to make the defense run smoother or better and for him to tie up blockers while others make plays or telling him not to worry about his stats while doing this yet, the GM does. Whatever the case might be we (his family and friends) believe what we believe.
I will give you a couple of examples: twice in his career he's been told by coaches that the upper management
Wanted another player starting in front of him. The first was in his 6th year ( it didn't happen) and the second was last year when his position was given to Hunter in OTAs. Yeah, I'm not stupid, i see what Danielle is and he is a stud, still should have had competition. Like I said,  you should lose your job in competition, not it be given away. But to hear UPPER MANAGEMENT MAKES THE CALL!!!!
That said, i know earlier in his career his agent was told by RS that he doesn't say who starts and who doesn't, of course that goes back to the Ray Edwards, years. I don't know how long you've been on Viking forums but many years ago I made a comment about politics in the NFL. I was told then it didn't happen. Lol. Some of the shit I was saying came to pass then. So comet, forgive me if you don't believe what i say, i really could give a shit less!
As I said, it would take quite a while for me to give the examples which led us to believe this, but most of all I will believe what my son believes and even though he knows it's a business and is over it already, i am not. I guess that's what you get for being a nice guy who believes in loyalty, then gets it broke off in your ass.
However, i will say that it could be a few other things. Like when he went after the DC during a game because he was a dumbass. (Edwards, in the Frazier staff) because he kept calling for Brian to slash inside all year long, causing a gaping hole at the LDE spot. Brian was hammered by the fans because they thought he was freelancing. And when it cost a possible game against the Bears, he blew up on the sidelines. JA and KWill restrained him. Who knows what Edwards or Frazier was telling Spielman. That may not be a good example but as i said 11 years worth of incidents that you know nothing about has us believing  it. And again, i really don't care what anyone thinks, i base my feelings on what i do know. As for believing me? I could care less. But I think you could ask several fans here if I'm a bullshitter. 
So you have a nice day bro.
PS: I do have to watch what i say on these forums because I was told on another board several years ago, by a woman who was close the organization that they have people that look at a lot of these forums to see what'sbeing said a so forth. Yeah, i know, I'm losing my mind and saying all this crazy stuff.

Quote: @96POPS said:
@comet52 said:
@96POPS said:
@"MaroonBellbuds" said:
@suncoastvike said:

Comet, i could explain to you a lot of reasons why I and some of his family believe this is somewhat personal. But that would take a book and then you would just say it doesn't matter. Kinda like my
comment above. I'm not saying it's all personal but for some reason, to some extent, it must be.
Whether it be the coaches asking him to do things to make the defense run smoother or better and for him to tie up blockers while others make plays or telling him not to worry about his stats while doing this yet, the GM does. Whatever the case might be we (his family and friends) believe what we believe.
I will give you a couple of examples: twice in his career he's been told by coaches that the upper management
Wanted another player starting in front of him. The first was in his 6th year ( it didn't happen) and the second was last year when his position was given to Hunter in OTAs. Yeah, I'm not stupid, i see what Danielle is and he is a stud, still should have had competition. Like I said,  you should lose your job in competition, not it be given away. But to hear UPPER MANAGEMENT MAKES THE CALL!!!!
That said, i know earlier in his career his agent was told by RS that he doesn't say who starts and who doesn't, of course that goes back to the Ray Edwards, years. I don't know how long you've been on Viking forums but many years ago I made a comment about politics in the NFL. I was told then it didn't happen. Lol. Some of the shit I was saying came to pass then. So comet, forgive me if you don't believe what i say, i really could give a shit less!
As I said, it would take quite a while for me to give the examples which led us to believe this, but most of all I will believe what my son believes and even though he knows it's a business and is over it already, i am not. I guess that's what you get for being a nice guy who believes in loyalty, then gets it broke off in your ass.
However, i will say that it could be a few other things. Like when he went after the DC during a game because he was a dumbass. (Edwards, in the Frazier staff) because he kept calling for Brian to slash inside all year long, causing a gaping hole at the LDE spot. Brian was hammered by the fans because they thought he was freelancing. And when it cost a possible game against the Bears, he blew up on the sidelines. JA and KWill restrained him. Who knows what Edwards or Frazier was telling Spielman. That may not be a good example but as i said 11 years worth of incidents that you know nothing about has us believing  it. And again, i really don't care what anyone thinks, i base my feelings on what i do know. As for believing me? I could care less. But I think you could ask several fans here if I'm a bullshitter. 
PS: I do have to watch what i say on these forums because I was told on another board several years ago, by a woman who was close the organization that they have people that look at a lot of these forums to see what'sbeing said a so forth. Yeah, i know, I'm losing my mind and saying all this crazy stuff.
For those that have followed the little bouncing ball, it is rather obvious there is something deeper than "business".  Zerk88 said it pretty plainly.  It didn't make business sense, and IMO it may have harmed the locker room. 

As to pops, thank you for calling it as it is.  The mega$$$ corps do their best to control the conversation and perhaps you have been a little thorn in their side. 

Wait they are listening in??? Then why haven't they fixed a damn thing. We have the answers.
[Image: uk0bbuvdac7l.jpg]
Lets see'em listen now.
I love and miss BRob. I think they should too.

Quote: @96POPS said:
@comet52 said:
@96POPS said:
@"MaroonBellbuds" said:
@suncoastvike said:

Bla bla bla bla........ok to the real question:  HOW DO I GET A JOB WITH THE VIKINGS THAT ALLOWS ME TO SIT ON VIKING FORUMS ALL DAY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Smile  Wink  Smile  Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile Smile  Wink  Smile

I'd say you're shit out of luck AGR. 
Ok I just read what i wrote. That does make me sound loony toon.  I kinda wrote that in a leading way.
She told me that some people in the organization do go on the forums.
Not that they hire someone to monitor them. So yeah I deserve the dumbass remarks.
Hell I know for a fact some of the players lurk. Brian was one. Why wouldn't some of the others.
I fished a day with Shurmur last year at Brian's fishing tournament.
He and were kidding around and he had said whoever bought his boat would be able to call a play during a game the next year. 
I asked when would I get to call the play and he said,  it depended on what down I wanted to call because as everyone knows I'm running on 1st and 2nd down and passing on 3rd. And then he said isn't that what everyone thinks I do. I started laughing at that. So there's an example. But yeah I sounded crazy the way I first posted. 

If I were a player, you bet I'd check out the boards. I always thought it was silly to think they never did, as if they were somehow "too busy" for that, or "above" what people think. Nonsense. These are mostly hypersensitive 20-somethings. Good Lord, have you seen their tweets?  Yeah, they lurk. And I'm sure they've read the boards. Well, at least this board since it's the per-capita smartest board...as long as you put your thumb over New Jersey. 

No it isn't a dumbass comment Pops.

Celebrities, football players and other people of interest often monitor the internet for their name.  Do they do it themselves?  Doubt it. There are services, software and such that can handle that.

So why wouldn't a billion dollar industry do the same?