Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hearing Rumblings of more bad news - Everson
just what this team needs.
Is this thing on?

How bad is it? They clearly missed him today...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
How bad is it? They clearly missed him today...
Only rumors at this point but I have heard it's legal issues. Purely speculation though right now. 

They clearly missed some leadership on defense,  there was a lack of anybody of the defensive side of the ball taking the reigns and settling the situation.  I said it a few weeks ago,  the defense lacks a veteran leader on the field.

The offense did them no favors,  but the D looked like dog shit once things started to slide early on.  With the amount of money on that side of the ball there is absolutely no excuSE to get taken apart like that by a rookie QB no matter what the field position the O left them in.

Maybe it's not bad news in terms of legal or the like.

Wasn't his wife expecting a baby soon?  Or did that happen already?

[Image: cOLMVY8I_x96.png]
Mike Zimmer says Everson Griffen has a “personal matter” right now. He missed all three practices this week with a knee injury and was not present at practice or today’s game.1:38 PM · Sep 23, 2018https://mobile.twitter.com/SamEkstrom
Something is going on with Everson Griffen that has not been reported. He missed all week with a knee injury, per the injury report, but something else appears to be an issue with him in his personal life. It is something to keep an eye on, as it looks like this Vikings team needs everybody it can to get this ship back on track to fulfill their expectations of being a Super Bowl contender.
https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/ContentGallery/Vikings-vs-Bills-Highlights-from-a-bad-loss-for-Minnesota-122416719/#122416719_5

if the rumors of "legal issues" I heard are true, he would most likely be done for the season.
Only rumors so far so I'm not going to repeat anything but I am sure hoping they turn out to be false rumors, not just for football sake but for the sake of his family

Quote: @"Hidalgo" said:
if the rumors of "legal issues" I heard are true, he would most likely be done for the season.
Only rumors so far so I'm not going to repeat anything but I am sure hoping they turn out to be false rumors, not just for football sake but for the sake of his family
I am hearing that speculation as well. I really hope that is not it. And for the same reason, beyond football I hope the best for his family. 

where are you hearing these roumors?  are we talking peterson/ray rice type stuff or did he cheat on his taxes?