@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Only Idaho has a rape/incest exception because revictimization is apparently acceptable.
rapists and abusers love abortion.  It covers up their crime.  Proud of Idaho.
Lets just have the rape victims keep pregnancies they never had any choice on. The victim should keep the pregancy because its proof. Of what exactly? That she was raped or that the baby is a result if a rape? Who cares what the victim thinks ir feels anyway?
Sure because our lived experience is not enough. I was working with a 12 year old that was raped. She is not overjoyed about the pregnancy. I discussed her options with her. She was brought to the United States for work. She is angry (her words). Is she not supposed to feel that? It's not all rainbows and sparkle ponies. The doctor is very concerned about her physical and mental condition. It's amazing how simple it is for people not experiencing these situations. The police officer did respect her when she said she did not want to talk to a male officer so there is that.
I said rapists and abusers love abortion.  

The trauma experienced by the girl/woman that suffered the rape is not dismissed.  But one must understand that abortion is traumatic for the woman as well, that is ignored by the pro-aborts.  Woman are treated like property, like cattle.  Hustled in, treated and then sent away.
Yeah I read your post about covering up their crime, but most young girls and women are trying to think about what they need to do to move forward. Women's clinics and Planned Parenthoods have done great follow up and after care post abortion. They followed up with me a year afterwards. There is ongoing follow up and support. There are phenomenal people that treat women with dignity and respect. I have had some negative interactions with the so-called crisis pregnancy centers. I have rarely dealt with a woman regretting an abortion but it happens. I have also dealt with women regretting taking a pregnancy to term. There are hard choices to be made. Some women regret adoption. It is an individual experience. Regardless of the decision, the woman has the right to decide what is best for her. 
That is all fine, but recognize this is just 2nd hand experiential info.

Many young girls are driven to PP by abusers or ashamed parents.  I have worked with wonderful crisis pregnancy centers, thankfully have no real experience with PP.  

I agree the woman has a right to decide what is best for her, with the exception of taking an innocent life. 
It is the experience of young girls and women that they share with me, I respect and appreciate their sharing and will not dismiss it. We discuss all the options. They decide and I respect that. Some decide to carry the pregnancy to term. Some decide on adoption and some decide to parent. Some decide on abortion. The women have that right. I am there to support and provide resources. 
Right? Who gave them that right to kill their baby?

I empathize in cases of rape and incest, and am fine with that being a place where the law should allow it,  but this word "right" gets thrown out pretty freely.  Who decides who gets what rights?  God's are pretty easy to find for those that want to follow that direction,  the founding fathers of this country seemed pretty cut and dry until "educated " people tried to add the right to interpret as they see fit and bastardized the constitution to fit their desires.   So where does the right to kill babies come from?
I guess I simply can't stand by reading anymore. 
Well for 50 years the Supreme Court upheld this protection of personal choice. Now it doesn't. 
Kill a baby? Let's examine that word first. A baby by definition is a infant child.
Definition of baby (Entry 1 of 3)
1a(1): an extremely young child especially : INFANT
Definition of infant (Entry 1 of 2)
1: a child in the first period of life
Something you can hold coo with and cuddle. So at what point inside the womb is this happening? 24 weeks? 15 weeks? So that's been the real question mark. At which point is a fetus a baby? When it able to sustain life on it's own? You know be an actual baby...and yes I'm well aware of the Latin meaning of the word fetus. No country speaks Latin anymore. Just words mixed in with other languages. 

Where does the constitution say execution of criminals is a states right? It upheld states right over an individuals rights against cruel and unusual punishment. So it's an interpretation of states rights ain't it? You know their job as SC justices.This for 50 years was an individuals right over the state. Hopefully it won't come to punishment of individuals crossing state lines to have procedures done banned in their state. It simply can't. Can it??

The constitution was created to divide the powers of the government.  To protect the rights of the states from the government. Then protect the rights of the individuals. So the real argument here is when is the fetus an individual with equal rights as the adult carrying it? Many, most don't think it is until it can sustain life on it's own.
This states rights thing is the most screamed about aspect of out constitution. I always preferred the individuals. So we must answer. At what point is something an individual?  Maybe when it can be undivided from it's host and survive individually?

For 50 years this was upheld as an individuals right over a: not yet baby...by definition. 
This killing babies rhetoric is just inflammatory attention getting misuse of a definition. It's not truly a baby until it's born. Sorry let's be real if we're gonna be real.

Lastly I believe conservatives really liked this better as a talking point then actually the thing they tried for 50 years coming to pass. Now they seem worried about the fall out from mobilization of progressives and moderates who for years, 50 actually, liked it the way it was. Welcome to your tiny island. Your constant pursuit of all inclusiveness just took another big hit.
I think you are off on how many people are fed up with the direction of the country under the lack of leadership that the progressives are displaying ( nothing moderate about those supporting this shit storm) It will be interesting to see how tiny that island is come this November. 

Closing clinics due to the ruling is also going to deny women and men access to additional health care such as breast cancer screenings, birth control, pregnancy testing, testing for sexually transmitted diseases, services for HIV and AIDS, counseling for mental health and other services but I guess that doesn't matter. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Closing clinics due to the ruling is also going to deny women and men access to additional health care such as breast cancer screenings, birth control, pregnancy testing, testing for sexually transmitted diseases, services for HIV and AIDS, counseling for mental health and other services but I guess that doesn't matter. 
No laws stating those services can't still be offered that I have heard of.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Only Idaho has a rape/incest exception because revictimization is apparently acceptable.
Lets just have the rape victims keep pregnancies they never had any choice on. The victim should keep the pregancy because its proof. Of what exactly? That she was raped or that the baby is a result if a rape? Who cares what the victim thinks ir feels anyway?
Sure because our lived experience is not enough. I was working with a 12 year old that was raped. She is not overjoyed about the pregnancy. I discussed her options with her. She was brought to the United States for work. She is angry (her words). Is she not supposed to feel that? It's not all rainbows and sparkle ponies. The doctor is very concerned about her physical and mental condition. It's amazing how simple it is for people not experiencing these situations. The police officer did respect her when she said she did not want to talk to a male officer so there is that.

The trauma experienced by the girl/woman that suffered the rape is not dismissed.  But one must understand that abortion is traumatic for the woman as well, that is ignored by the pro-aborts.  Woman are treated like property, like cattle.  Hustled in, treated and then sent away.
Yeah I read your post about covering up their crime, but most young girls and women are trying to think about what they need to do to move forward. Women's clinics and Planned Parenthoods have done great follow up and after care post abortion. They followed up with me a year afterwards. There is ongoing follow up and support. There are phenomenal people that treat women with dignity and respect. I have had some negative interactions with the so-called crisis pregnancy centers. I have rarely dealt with a woman regretting an abortion but it happens. I have also dealt with women regretting taking a pregnancy to term. There are hard choices to be made. Some women regret adoption. It is an individual experience. Regardless of the decision, the woman has the right to decide what is best for her. 

Many young girls are driven to PP by abusers or ashamed parents.  I have worked with wonderful crisis pregnancy centers, thankfully have no real experience with PP.  

I agree the woman has a right to decide what is best for her, with the exception of taking an innocent life. 
It is the experience of young girls and women that they share with me, I respect and appreciate their sharing and will not dismiss it. We discuss all the options. They decide and I respect that. Some decide to carry the pregnancy to term. Some decide on adoption and some decide to parent. Some decide on abortion. The women have that right. I am there to support and provide resources. 

I empathize in cases of rape and incest, and am fine with that being a place where the law should allow it,  but this word "right" gets thrown out pretty freely.  Who decides who gets what rights?  God's are pretty easy to find for those that want to follow that direction,  the founding fathers of this country seemed pretty cut and dry until "educated " people tried to add the right to interpret as they see fit and bastardized the constitution to fit their desires.   So where does the right to kill babies come from?
I guess I simply can't stand by reading anymore. 
Well for 50 years the Supreme Court upheld this protection of personal choice. Now it doesn't. 
Kill a baby? Let's examine that word first. A baby by definition is a infant child.
Definition of baby (Entry 1 of 3)
1a(1): an extremely young child especially : INFANT
Definition of infant (Entry 1 of 2)
1: a child in the first period of life
Something you can hold coo with and cuddle. So at what point inside the womb is this happening? 24 weeks? 15 weeks? So that's been the real question mark. At which point is a fetus a baby? When it able to sustain life on it's own? You know be an actual baby...and yes I'm well aware of the Latin meaning of the word fetus. No country speaks Latin anymore. Just words mixed in with other languages. 

Where does the constitution say execution of criminals is a states right? It upheld states right over an individuals rights against cruel and unusual punishment. So it's an interpretation of states rights ain't it? You know their job as SC justices.This for 50 years was an individuals right over the state. Hopefully it won't come to punishment of individuals crossing state lines to have procedures done banned in their state. It simply can't. Can it??

The constitution was created to divide the powers of the government.  To protect the rights of the states from the government. Then protect the rights of the individuals. So the real argument here is when is the fetus an individual with equal rights as the adult carrying it? Many, most don't think it is until it can sustain life on it's own.
This states rights thing is the most screamed about aspect of out constitution. I always preferred the individuals. So we must answer. At what point is something an individual?  Maybe when it can be undivided from it's host and survive individually?

For 50 years this was upheld as an individuals right over a: not yet baby...by definition. 
This killing babies rhetoric is just inflammatory attention getting misuse of a definition. It's not truly a baby until it's born. Sorry let's be real if we're gonna be real.

Lastly I believe conservatives really liked this better as a talking point then actually the thing they tried for 50 years coming to pass. Now they seem worried about the fall out from mobilization of progressives and moderates who for years, 50 actually, liked it the way it was. Welcome to your tiny island. Your constant pursuit of all inclusiveness just took another big hit.
I think you are off on how many people are fed up with the direction of the country under the lack of leadership that the progressives are displaying ( nothing moderate about those supporting this shit storm) It will be interesting to see how tiny that island is come this November. 

Last shit storm of a leader we had got voted out as well (see Trump) yet that got called a rigged, stolen election by some brainiacs on the far right. 

@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

At the bold…
Question: Who gave others the right to have an opinion about “their” baby.
Atleast it is theirs (or in their body) so they should have a say don’t you think?
People dont want women to have an opinion about a pregnancy they are carrying but are quick to tell those same women that they have no right to make any decisions about thie pregnancy. So again why are people who have nothing to do about a pregnancy feel they have the right to make a decision about the pregnancy.

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

At the bold…
Atleast it is theirs (or in their body) so they should have a say don’t you think?
People dont want women to have an opinion about a pregnancy they are carrying but are quick to tell those same women that they have no right to make any decisions about thie pregnancy. So again why are people who have nothing to do about a pregnancy feel they have the right to make a decision about the pregnancy.
Who is claiming that is a right?  I'm not, nobody else is.  But the pro baby killers keep talking about it being a right,  I am just curious where that right comes from?  It's not God,  it's not the US Constitution,   so where was this right granted that they keep claiming?  As of now,  some states can grant that right if they so choose,  other countries also,   but the drama over this being a right is a joke.  Its not a right,  its a want.  Nobody has a federal right to kill their unborn child is all the Supreme Court is saying.

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

At the bold…
Quick to guilt, shame and blame the woman for having sex or not having sex. For using birth control or having it fail. For not wanting to be pregnant. For thinking about herself and her own physical and mental well-being. For recognizing she can't carry this pregnancy to term. I was watching an interview with Debbie Reynolds and she was talking about carry a pregnancy to term knowing that there was no chance of survival. Being asked about baby names and how far along she was. I  was heartbroken for the trauma she was going through. It is such a violation of privacy and rights to tell women what they are supposed to do and feel.

@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

At the bold…
Who is claiming that is a right?  I'm not, nobody else is.  But the pro baby killers keep talking about it being a right,  I am just curious where that right comes from?  It's not God,  it's not the US Constitution,   so where was this right granted that they keep claiming?  As of now,  some states can grant that right if they so choose,  other countries also,   but the drama over this being a right is a joke.  Its not a right,  its a want.  Nobody has a federal right to kill their unborn child is all the Supreme Court is saying.
So we are back to where we started. The Supreme court is saying...

[Image: skeletor-companies-pay-abortions-materit...C494&ssl=1]

gotta love Masters of the Universe memes.

This is a display of real conservative thinking,  the severe inbred right wing self righteousness when making light of complex issues.  Moving beyond this, infants stop biting when they can express themselves with their own words.   May your daughter never have to make a choice because of a stranger, family or death, real funny shit.