Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk out vs. Pack beacause of Covid.
Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Greylock said:
@SFVikeFan said:
Well that's a welcome surprise, I appreciate that.

Back to Mannion is our backup, and Mond couldn't win the #2 job.

Yuck.  
Mond has never been given the opportunity to win the #2 job.  Zimmer doesn't trust him being a rookie and he knows Mannion is a robot that will completely follow the script that Zimmer and Kubiak make up for him.  Mannion will play not to lose, hand the ball to Cook and not take any chances.  Mond on the other hand may decide to scramble or improvise to make a play work and that will drive Mike crazy on the sidelines, can't have that happen.
I like Zimmer, but that is certainly one of his faults IMO...  just isn't willing to trust a rookie until they are forced into the field and have some success.  The worst part is Mond was drafted for this role...  I don't know if this means Mond is that far off or if Zimmer is just more comfortable starting a "vet" (with 2 career starts *eye roll*).

Hopefully Mond gets into the game on Sunday or I might black out and puke all over the Packer fans in front of me.
True that. I feel like Mannion is going to suck and Mond is going to play. I don't want Mannion to suck but I don't think he makes it through the whole game. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Wetlander said:
@Greylock said:
@SFVikeFan said:
Well that's a welcome surprise, I appreciate that.

Back to Mannion is our backup, and Mond couldn't win the #2 job.

Yuck.  
Mond has never been given the opportunity to win the #2 job.  Zimmer doesn't trust him being a rookie and he knows Mannion is a robot that will completely follow the script that Zimmer and Kubiak make up for him.  Mannion will play not to lose, hand the ball to Cook and not take any chances.  Mond on the other hand may decide to scramble or improvise to make a play work and that will drive Mike crazy on the sidelines, can't have that happen.
I like Zimmer, but that is certainly one of his faults IMO...  just isn't willing to trust a rookie until they are forced into the field and have some success.  The worst part is Mond was drafted for this role...  I don't know if this means Mond is that far off or if Zimmer is just more comfortable starting a "vet" (with 2 career starts *eye roll*).

Hopefully Mond gets into the game on Sunday or I might black out and puke all over the Packer fans in front of me.
True that. I feel like Mannion is going to suck and Mond is going to play. I don't want Mannion to suck but I don't think he makes it through the whole game. 
I agree VG. It seems to me Zimmer is in a bind (of his own making). If you call a guy your number 2 QB, even to the point of bringing him back from Seattle, then you really HAVE to play him if your number one is out.  And he has to say “ Mannion is a terrific quarterback and I have full confidence in him” or words to that effect. He can’t really say anything else.  He’s stuck. What he could have done, since we’ve heard so much about what a great help Mannion is to Cousins in helping him to prepare, is make him a coach. Call him asst. QB coach or something and free up the roster for a back up QB. Maybe that is in his future anyway.  Coaching and playing are different skills. If his skills are in prepping KC, make that his full time job.

First off: none of us know for certain why some of the players are unvaccinated. There are medical reasons for why some people don’t get vaccinated. The other reality is some people will not trust the government at all anymore. Gee, I wonder why? The most recent that comes to mind is the purposeful lying to us, in collusion with nearly the entirety of the media (and a number of foreign powers), to perpetuate an absurd narrative about a Presidential candidate being involved with the Russian Government. 
When you lie to the public for 3 freaking years, based on absolute nonsense, there are consequences. Period, end of story. Every whiny little dingus running around freaking out (about the unvaccinated) who helped perpetuate that nonsense needs only look in the mirror for the true cause of this vaccine hesitancy. People don’t trust the vaccines because of you. One party and it’s blind followers permanently damaged this country and for what? Because they hated one man. As an independent all I can say is “thanks f’ers”. This is your fault even if you’re too stupid to realize it. 
With that statement of the obvious out of the way, there is no rational reason not to put Mond in. In four years in the NFL, Mannion has done zip. There’s no reason to have any confidence in him. Watching each guy in preseason, it’s stupidly obvious which one possesses the arm strength and physical attributes needed to play in the NFL. It’s Mond by a mile. I can’t wait until this staff is gone. Playing Mannion is just the final straw on the final straw. 
Frozen tundra in January and they play a guy who’s combine 40 time is two tenths slower than mine was as a freshman in high school. Yaah! Just insane.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@greediron said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Viking1987 said:
just  luv how  the liberals on this  board  know what's  best for  every  person  and everyone should do what they say 
Not me. My king, Donny, told me the vaccine is safe and effective. I trust him
Donny is a dipshit.
Lol not to turn this political but if you think Trump is a dipshit, I'd love to hear what you think of Biden who has just presided over the worst first year in presidential history and continues to look like the village idiot most of us knew he was 
Biden wasn't my first choice, or even second or third for that matter. But, at least he didn't say " this will just disappear by April" (of 2020) or suggest I chug Clorox or shove a uv light up my ass.

But hey, maybe that's just me.

Jfc

Since this thread can't stay off the shit thats not allowed on the football board its been moved.

I would have loved to have seen a more competitive Vikings team than the one they'll field without AT and KC.

This could get pretty ugly with the D as inept as it is. It's shocking to me how bad it is vs what I see on paper.

Best thing that could happen to Vikings is go 0/2 the rest of the season. Another meaningless end of season home win vs Bears will cost this team the next years Fields or Slater.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I would have loved to have seen a more competitive Vikings team than the one they'll field without AT and KC.

This could get pretty ugly with the D as inept as it is. It's shocking to me how bad it is vs what I see on paper.

Best thing that could happen to Vikings is go 0/2 the rest of the season. Another meaningless end of season home win vs Bears will cost this team the next years Fields or Slater.  
I dont really care if they win a meaningless game,  but do it in a way that gives the fans something.  Play Mond,  play Davis,  let the fans see the future pieces and how they have developed over the season.  I could care less to watch Cousins go out there and best an unmotivated bears D. 
I sont buy the shit that Mond hasn't improved over the year and that Mannion is the better option,   not for a second.  I dont buy the theory that its better to keep him under wraps so people don't see what we've got from a competitive edge perspective like somebody mentioned.
This is Zimmer being Zimmer and doing it his way to the bitter fucking end.  Honestly if a 3rd round rookie isn't ready to play some meaningless games at the end of the season that right there is reason enough to fire the coaching staff and or GM,  somebody isn't doing their jobs.

Lets be honest with each other here. We’re not playoff bound. Getting the L is better in the long run. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

I dont really care if they win a meaningless game,  but do it in a way that gives the fans something.  Play Mond,  play Davis,  let the fans see the future pieces and how they have developed over the season.  I could care less to watch Cousins go out there and best an unmotivated bears D. 
I sont buy the shit that Mond hasn't improved over the year and that Mannion is the better option,   not for a second.  I dont buy the theory that its better to keep him under wraps so people don't see what we've got from a competitive edge perspective like somebody mentioned.
This is Zimmer being Zimmer and doing it his way to the bitter fucking end.  Honestly if a 3rd round rookie isn't ready to play some meaningless games at the end of the season that right there is reason enough to fire the coaching staff and or GM,  somebody isn't doing their jobs.
But you're talking about Chicago, not Green Bay. That's a totally different story. Right now, the Vikings are still alive and they have to play that way. All these jabrones on Twitter clamoring for Mond and Davis because they "want to see the rookies" have already given up on the season. Vikings can't do that. Obviously. I mean it IS obvious, right? And you wouldn't want to root for a team that did. 

I mean we bitch all year about a team that plays too conservatively, takes a knee with three timeouts, etc etc, but that's exactly what so many want the Vikings to do now. 

Yes, tank the last two as if they were an NBA team lol!!

[Image: Cavs-1.jpg]