Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: GOT in 2 days the wait is almost over
I could see Sansa and Brienne showing up at Kings Landing, possibly in Yara Greyjoy's new fleet - that would please a lot of the people expressing anger that GoT has made all the women into villains (Cersei, now Danaerys) or victims.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I do agree that this season feels rushed. It like after last night there's simply to much mess to clean up in one final episode. There should have been 8 instead of 6 maybe. At least one more. Something like last nights episode then followed by one set up decompression episode then the grand finale. I'm not understanding why today.  It does feel a bit rushed to get out.
I'm not sure I blame the writers as much as others do. They got thrust into a role they probably didn't deserve.

I don't think it's rushed, what I see is a difference of writing style between GRRM and D&D. If these two created a serious without GRRM's foundation, I think it'd do well. This is about managing expectations. I like this season... but it is garbage comparatively. These guys were painting into a corner and they did their best.

If we get one more nude scene from Emilia Clarke, this'll all be worth it. She's perfect. 

Quote: @KingBash said:
@suncoastvike said:
I do agree that this season feels rushed. It like after last night there's simply to much mess to clean up in one final episode. There should have been 8 instead of 6 maybe. At least one more. Something like last nights episode then followed by one set up decompression episode then the grand finale. I'm not understanding why today.  It does feel a bit rushed to get out.
I'm not sure I blame the writers as much as others do. They got thrust into a role they probably didn't deserve.

I don't think it's rushed, what I see is a difference of writing style between GRRM and D&D. If these two created a serious without GRRM's foundation, I think it'd do well. This is about managing expectations. I like this season... but it is garbage comparatively. These guys were painting into a corner and they did their best.

If we get one more nude scene from Emilia Clarke, this'll all be worth it. She's perfect. 
Yeah it's me. I'm one to talk. As a late joiner who powered through 8 seasons in 2 months I want THEM to tap the brakes...lol. My agenda is showing. 
As long as were admitting GoT girl crushes. Emilia is something. Her character though doesn't fit my taste. Give me a small town country girl. If it all goes terribly wrong and Jon dies. I hope he ends up in that cave in some Valhalla like dreamscape with Ygritte. I sure miss that fiery little wildling. Her death was my personal saddest GoT moment. Flashback rarity be damned. Make it happen.
That's my kinda girl. 
[Image: 9r2f3h3t2cqy.jpg]

Oops... me confess too much.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@KingBash said:
@suncoastvike said:

Yeah it's me. I'm one to talk. As a late joiner who powered through 8 seasons in 2 months I want THEM to tap the brakes...lol. My agenda is showing. 
As long as were admitting GoT girl crushes. Emilia is something. Her character though doesn't fit my taste. Give me a small town country girl. If it all goes terribly wrong and Jon dies. I hope he ends up in that cave in some Valhalla like dreamscape with Ygritte. I sure miss that fiery little wildling. Her death was my personal saddest GoT moment. Flashback rarity be damned. Make it happen.
That's my kinda girl. 

You do know that's Jon Snow's (Kit Harrington's) real wife, right? Apparently he thinks like you. They met on set and the rest is history.

@suncoastvike said:
@KingBash said:
@suncoastvike said:

That's my kinda girl. 

You do know that's Jon Snow's (Kit Harrington's) real wife, right? Apparently he thinks like you. They met on set and the rest is history.
Well surprisingly, yes.
That's Hollywood, Glamour magazine stuff I don't pay attention to. I don't mix it with my on screen fantasy stuff.
So don't F*** with the fantasy...thank ya very much.

That me being sarcastic.

@suncoastvike said:
@KingBash said:
@suncoastvike said:

That's my kinda girl. 

Love me a pretty ginger...Ygrette was awesome.

As disappointing as S8 has been in ways, I'm still looking forward to the finale - but sad it's ending too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@KingBash said:
@suncoastvike said:
@KingBash said:
@suncoastvike said:

That's my kinda girl. 

Love me a pretty ginger...Ygrette was awesome.

As disappointing as S8 has been in ways, I'm still looking forward to the finale - but sad it's ending too. 
Yeah sad to see it end,  but can not wait to see how. 

Im sure the ending will get torn to threads by the masses, but Im pretty satisfied.

There are a few things that I think dont mix or I would have wanted it different, but I feel like I understand how things were done and am good with it.

To me it just feels like it whimpered out,  maybe that is what was intended but I felt there should have been something more. 

********SPOILERS  .  AHEAD*********

[Image: ov2ajlf76zqr.jpg]

****   ******STOP HERE******* ****

It was a good ending in my eyes. All the characters were given roles which suits them. Things could have been tweeked here or there but I'm not a writer so the main point is roles filled lives to be lived future is bright.

Bran...ok so my least favorite got the leadership role. Then it hit me. Quiet emotionless deep thinker. That's leadership I could get behind. Good choice. He will lead by council made up of a decent range of thinking. The blue collar the reader the lifelong soldier the clever...ect. 

Arya sails off to be a drifter and adventurer. Who'da guessed that???

Sansa I'm sure will never be happy. In a traditional happiness way. I kind of feel for her. However she will rule the north well. In a Elisabian never marry stoic way. That's my guess. She really looked the part.

Gray Worm...what can you say about that tribe? They are going to live happy ever after on a island with that level of PTSD? Island sounds like a good place for them. What sad lives. Go in peace.

So about Jon. He's to be punished for doing the right thing??? Gray Worm insisted on it. Bran the thinker one step ahead. Send him back to the wall. Take the oath. He shall never marry or father children. That good enough for ya Worm? ...lol. Jokes on you cockless. King of wildlings. They don't view traditional marriage and raise their children communally. Not that the oath stopped him before. Did you see the way the women and girls flocked to him like moths to a flame. He shall not grow old and lonely.

Sad it's over. Season 8 was not great by GoT standards but still very good by entertainment in general standards. I'm pleased.