Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel/Jewish Hate
F That...

No us troops in gaza!! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
F That...

No us troops in gaza!! 
I wouldnt be surprised to learn our teams are already there,  of course from what I hear,  Mossad and the Israeli special forces are no slouches and likely dont need any US assistance.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
F That...

No us troops in gaza!! 
I wouldnt be surprised to learn our teams are already there,  of course from what I hear,  Mossad and the Israeli special forces are no slouches and likely dont need any US assistance.
Our assistance will likely come from the carrier groups and from intel. If Syria, Lebanon, the rebels in Yemen, or (especially) Iran get large-scale frisky...air/naval responses will get very involved.

What absolutely needs to happen in any case is a Palestinian governing body that isn't basically another powder keg. Anyone attentive knew that Hamas' "leadership" was a murderous disaster waiting to happen (it's actually been more than one, even prior to this latest debacle). Ditto with Hezbollah, and while Fatah was more diplomatic, they were corrupt.

Billions in aid money going into Gaza each year...and Hamas seizes it, uses it for everything but Palestine's future.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
F That...

No us troops in gaza!! 
Our assistance will likely come from the carrier groups and from intel. If Syria, Lebanon, the rebels in Yemen, or (especially) Iran get large-scale frisky...air/naval responses will get very involved.

What absolutely needs to happen in any case is a Palestinian governing body that isn't basically another powder keg. Anyone attentive knew that Hamas' "leadership" was a murderous disaster waiting to happen (it's actually been more than one, even prior to this latest debacle). Ditto with Hezbollah, and while Fatah was more diplomatic, they were corrupt.

Billions in aid money going into Gaza each year...and Hamas seizes it, uses it for everything but Palestine's future.
when they parked carrier groups I was thinking a way to deploy seal teams quickly with all the air support necessary to pretty much do anything they wanted.  after the first gulf war,  I was told we typically have CIA and other covert forces in place even prior to air missions to see what moves where in response to the air assaults.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
F That...

No us troops in gaza!! 

when they parked carrier groups I was thinking a way to deploy seal teams quickly with all the air support necessary to pretty much do anything they wanted.  after the first gulf war,  I was told we typically have CIA and other covert forces in place even prior to air missions to see what moves where in response to the air assaults.
Honestly, I'd be kind of shocked if we had more than intel/logistical groups hit the ground. Israel gets their back up pretty fast when they get accused to counting too much on us, and it's an absolute global "third rail" item to get boots on the ground in this mess. We might play very explosive "catch" with Iran's puppets and keep Israel able to concentrate on interior issues, but I don't see our soldiers hitting the Holy Land.

I worry that Ukraine might go that way, but only if Russia truly goes off the deep end and drags another NATO country into the quagmire.

I thought this kind of summed up the situation,  except the part where the monkey murdered and raped the lionesses and stole the cubs.

[Image: monkey-lion-happened-month-ago-pleading-...C423&ssl=1]

Just out of curiosity, do you guys think Israel would be
able to maintain it's affluence/existence existence if we stopped giving them billions of dollars in aid
and removed our military presence from the middle east?  At some point we have to stop subsidizing
them so heavily, right?   Are they self-sufficient yet?

Quote: @medaille said:
able to maintain it's affluence/existence existence if we stopped giving them billions of dollars in aid
and removed our military presence from the middle east?  At some point we have to stop subsidizing
Absolutely not. U.S. aid was and is everything to them. Israel wouldn't exist without it today. They'll never be self sufficient. They need the U.S. like humans need oxygen.

But....does that make them unique in the world? The countries that prop up do so with ulterior motives.

Of course not,  but what about other nations that we are propping up,  how many of them would cease to exist if we pulled the plug?  How much of our ability to strike globally though would be affected if we werent giving aid to these nations?  I do business with at least 3 Israeli companies here in the US so I know they are producing globally marketed goods,  I would assume they would be fine if they didnt have neighbors harboring terrorist that need to be fended off 24/7.

The easiest thing would be to tell the Jews that they cant have their holy land, they have to get out in the name of peace,  but at the same time, lets tell the Muslims that Mecca and Medina are now off limits to them as well?  Hell the native Americans were forced off their sacred grounds,  why should it be any different for Jews and Muslims?

Thinking geographically, Israel is tiny and is literally surrounded by massive neighbors who, at various points, have all tried to destroy it.  Constantly surviving that kind of viciousness from all angles while outnumbered 100-1 by the kind of hatred that comes from literally millenia of habit?

Not initially...BUT:

If Israel were prone/allowed to keep anything they kept in battle...and has already proven that it can be a VERY bustling/successful country in terms of technology, agriculture, industry, etc...imagine if Israel decided to keep all the ground it technically could have, at various points...!

The country would be at least 2-3 times its current size, and like now, the Arabs/Muslims in the area would have the choice of holding onto ridiculous prejudices from eons ago, or having real lives and careers in the modern world.

So, here's the flip question: why hasn't Hamas spent the billions that go into Gaza each year to help lift their people from the "open air prison conditions", despite capabilities to do so?

They can afford billionaire leadership in luxury housing out of country...so....?