Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster moves
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Further proof preseason games barely matter. I guess the trade interest Kwesi probably fabricated didn’t pan out  Confused.
I think that's exactly it. When it's reported by Ian Rapoport it's meant to go league wide. 

https://twitter.com/DrakeFantasy/status/...69812?s=20
We should have kept Ihmir-Marsette who had a great preseason for KC this year (9 receptions,195 yards,two touchdowns..2nd in the NFL..yea...I know...it's preseason.  KC traded him yesterday to Carolina.....traded him...not released him.  We gave up a 7th and a 5th for what exactly?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Further proof preseason games barely matter. I guess the trade interest Kwesi probably fabricated didn’t pan out  Confused.
I think that's exactly it. When it's reported by Ian Rapoport it's meant to go league wide. 

Reagor will catch on someones 53.  Brandon Powell made him expendable and Nailer has upside.  Hard to figure why Reagor wasnt better last year.  maybe he was a little slow with the playbook or our teaching concepts.  IDK

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

Reagor will catch on someones 53.  Brandon Powell made him expendable and Nailer has upside.  Hard to figure why Reagor wasnt better last year.  maybe he was a little slow with the playbook or our teaching concepts.  IDK
Reagor was either slow picking up the playbook or just didn't pick it up to study.  His mistakes in route running last year were unforgivable for a guy of his status.  

He lit up the preseason, but was playing against backups and practice squad people.  IMO the Vikes were showcasing him but to no avail.  

Quote: @badgervike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

We should have kept Ihmir-Marsette who had a great preseason for KC this year (9 receptions,195 yards,two touchdowns..2nd in the NFL..yea...I know...it's preseason.  KC traded him yesterday to Carolina.....traded him...not released him.  We gave up a 7th and a 5th for what exactly?

Agreed, it just makes you wonder why the decision makers put their own face or ego above talent. It's better to be wrong and admit it and win rather than be wrong and do not admit it and lose.P.S. Like keeping Booth on the 53

Quote: @FLVike said:
@badgervike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

Agreed, it just makes you wonder why the decision makers put their own face or ego above talent. It's better to be wrong and admit it and win rather than be wrong and do not admit it and lose.

Ah yes, IMS who was cut by the WR desperate Chicago Bears last seasons after a brutal two week stretch where he played a significant role in games that could have been W's. One of which was a game against MN where his fumble derailed a comeback. Following week bonehead penalties derailed a win against Washington.  He finds himself on his fourth team in three seasons. As far as traded him, it was a swap of 7th round picks. Cant really use that as a way to show he had much in the way of value. No shortage of legit things to be bothered by on this team worth discussing. The things some of you harp on just for the sake of once again regurgitating your stance on KAM for the millionth time is comedy gold. 

Quote: @FLVike said:
P.S. Like keeping Booth on the 53

How often does any team give up on a 2nd round guy after their 2nd camp?   If it's true you need 3 years to judge a draft, then he's got time.  I think he's probably a bust, but it doesn't bother me that the team wants to at least try one more year.  Next year if he looks horrible in camp, I'd be on the cut him wagon.

SIGNINGS
  • RB Myles Gaskin, who was cut by the Dolphins Tuesday, is being signed to the 53-man roster, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per a source.
  • OT David Quessenberry, who was cut by the Bills, is being signed to the active roster pending a physical, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reports, per a source.
  • OT Hakeem Adeniji (practice squad), per Rapoport.

ROSTER CUTS
  • WR Jalen Reagor is being waived, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reports, per a source. Reagor, 24, had eight receptions for 104 yards and a touchdown in his only season with Minnesota in 2022 while also serving as the team's primary punt returner.