Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster moves
Last year at this time the Vikings made a couple of trades involving Jalen Reagor and Ross Blacklock. I suspect we'll make a couple of moves this year as well. 

There are two spots in particular that make me nervous. RB and CB. At RB I think we're fine with Mattison and Chandler. But Kene is hurt and McBride just hasn't shown much IMO. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Vikings add an experienced RB for depth. I think we only keep 4 because we're likely going to want to keep 6 WRs. 

The starting three CBs are set with Murphy, Evans and Blackmon. After that it gets a little dicey. Now, the 4th and 5th corners on most NFL teams are typically not great players, but Joejuan and Booth have been especially bad. Love to see the Vikings add some experience here. 

I agree, they'll make some moves between now and Tuesday. I think Doogie said yesterday that he anticipated a few trades.

I dont know what makes me more nervou?  Staring down a season with P2 at starter or these unproven kids with no depth. 

I'll never yell about another 1st rd db again - not! 

I think we are fine at RB, I’m wondering if McBride has the will to be a pro, he doesnt look as sudden as he did in college.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I dont know what makes me more nervou?  Staring down a season with P2 at starter or these unproven kids with no depth. 

I'll never yell about another 1st rd db again - not! 
Evans and Blackmon are unproven, but not Murphy. And let's not forget those two are replacing Chandon Sullivan and Cam Dantzler. So I think the odds of improvement from that group are reasonably good. 

Yes, P2 at 33 could continue to defy father time, but I think the odds of that happening one more year were significantly lower than finding a young corner on the market who could come in and play at a higher level. 

It will be interesting to watch how P2 and Murphy compare this year. Peterson's on a much better defense so he could continue to play well. But I think we win that one. 

I think we will either pick up a G or make a move for one.  Another position I think we are really weak at is the front 3, I don't think we have one impact player there.  I think we are fine at RB, I like McBride, seems like he has good vision and slices through the holes great.  Problem with CB after Murphy are Evans and Blackmon staying healthy so the 4th and 5th spots are significant.  The next CB that I have like the most who always seems to be in the right spot is the UDFA Jaylin Williams, I hope he makes the team.  

I like McBride too
I am fearful they think they are fine in the IOL, or they may have made a move already 
I would be shocked if they didnt pick-up at least one db 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I like McBride too
I am fearful they think they are fine in the IOL, or they may have made a move already 
I would be shocked if they didnt pick-up at least one db 
I think McBride has a future. Just don't think he's someone we can rely on this year if someone goes down. 

I don't know if the Vikings think they're "OK" at IOL, but I do think they believe the current IOL can be, should be, better than it was last year. 

ROSTER CUTS