Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really don't want Biden vs Trump in 24...
As a Libertarian, the pure defense of party has always confused me.  We should all want our politicians to do better and not spend all our time cheering for Team Red or Team Blue regardless of their success or failure.  Economy, Crime, National Security, Education, Global Standing have all declined significantly under Biden...that's just an undeniable fact.  How about we try to fix those things rather than make excuses.

There's a reason the Hispanic community is flocking to the GOP.  This open border nonsense will probably come to an end when the pendulum swings fully Team Red.  The Hispanic community believes in kitchen table issues...jobs, economy, crime, education, religion...and they see a Democratic party more concerned with identity politics.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@AGRforever said:
Do you people constantly live in fear?  Jesus, "to be working to murder Americans, nationwide"?  What is your evidence of this?  What has happened to "CHAZ"?   Who controls the area now?  US Marshals have arrested the CHAZ murder, justice will be served.

Stop fear mongering, it's not a debate position nor is anyone except your own echo chamber ever going to take you seriously.  5 blocks in Seattle for how long and somehow this is sweeping the country!  

And then you have the police accountability report that came out stating the police used misinformation to spark a violence utilizing the "Proud Boys" as a tool.  Ahh seems that it's not that simple and that most people, on both sides of this bullshit were complicit in their dishonesty and stupidity.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new...ion-finds/

You people need to get a fucking grip

I screwed up on Portland earlier.  It was in Seattle.  You can't think CHAZ was ok but Jan 6th was an atrocity without looking through some very very shaded political lenses. 

Given that Portland has years of horrible riots and a downtown that's been a disaster for-seemingly-ever...you were understating things.  But hey, it's been under democrat mayors for almost 3 solid decades...what leadership!
Yeah, 3 decades of leadership of growth for one of the fastest growing cities in America.  how terrible

This search, on Bing (if it matters) took literally a few seconds...and this was the top result:

Does Portland Oregon have a lot of crime?

With a crime rate of 59 per one thousand residents, Portland has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17.

I guess the criminals just chose to stay...?  That may explain how crime, big cities, and the dnc seem linked!

I notice you can't refute the years of riots or the downtown debacle, so...yeah, biz as usual.

This search, on Bing (if it matters) took literally a few seconds...and this was the top result:

With a crime rate of 59 per one thousand residents, Portland has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17.
That's been a recent trend since 2019 for Portland, but that can be said for the whole country. Crime is up almost everywhere, unfortunately.

https://www.opb.org/article/2022/04/21/o...ling-data/

I guess the criminals just chose to stay...?  That may explain how crime, big cities, and the dnc seem linked!

I notice you can't refute the years of riots or the downtown debacle, so...yeah, biz as usual.
I worked for a Portland area company for 10 years from '84 to '94.  A lot of fond memories for the quirky downtown of those days.  A lot of good times there.  I was there a few years ago...still a pretty area...but the whole vibe of the City had changed...and not in a good way.

My son in law was in Portland a few years back for a job.  It was going to be at least a month...so he took his skis, boots, etc. with him to go out to Mt Hood and Mt Bachelor.  He had his (rental) car stolen with the skis inside it.  Portland police took a report but told him they didn't have enough resources to follow-up.  They figured the car would eventually show up and the skis would be sold.  He watched Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist and sure enough his custom racing skis and boots showed up on Craigslist.  The skis had identifying markings on them as did the boots.  He called the police...they said it wasn't worth their time.  They told him he may want to go buy his skis back which he ended up doing.  He thought about confronting the guy but figured they likely weren't going to investigate a shooting either.  

Quote: @badgervike said:
@Zanary said:

I worked for a Portland area company for 10 years from '84 to '94.  A lot of fond memories for the quirky downtown of those days.  A lot of good times there.  I was there a few years ago...still a pretty area...but the whole vibe of the City had changed...and not in a good way.

My son in law was in Portland a few years back for a job.  It was going to be at least a month...so he took his skis, boots, etc. with him to go out to Mt Hood and Mt Bachelor.  He had his (rental) car stolen with the skis inside it.  Portland police took a report but told him they didn't have enough resources to follow-up.  They figured the car would eventually show up and the skis would be sold.  He watched Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist and sure enough his custom racing skis and boots showed up on Craigslist.  The skis had identifying markings on them as did the boots.  He called the police...they said it wasn't worth their time.  They told him he may want to go buy his skis back which he ended up doing.  He thought about confronting the guy but figured they likely weren't going to investigate a shooting either.  
Most of my recent work has been in or near Seattle, and it's been a constant s**t-show.  We had a slew of the "meth RVs" parked across our little street, which had them across from a tiny tent city in the only small park in the neighborhood.  Fuel lines were cut constantly, catalytic converters stolen, buildings broken into, piles of human feces left in entryways, and the ever-present assortment of needles added to the scenery.

I'm a big guy, and aware of certain Constitutional rights regarding protection, so I was usually the one walking co-workers and customers to their cars when things got dicey.  At the very least, we could typically count on someone in meth meltdown to lurch down the street shrieking at...well, anything or nothing.

The police were called, constantly, but they had to get to a certain number of complaints about the same people or the same specific spot to even be allowed to investigate.  They were very apologetic, but the very same city council that is now making national news for being unable to hire police was limiting their abilities so badly, they couldn't do their jobs.

I'm very outspoken against the "main parties", but with the dnc in so much power (and basically unchecked on the West Coast)...I don't see how it's unfair to accuse them of both supporting crime and working to murder Americans.  They make prosecution very difficult, then they make it even harder to keep repeat criminals jailed.  On the other side, they chase off most of the police and limit our rights of self defense...

...at some point, this has to be seen as viciousness against the citizens.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Zanary said:

That's been a recent trend since 2019 for Portland, but that can be said for the whole country. Crime is up almost everywhere, unfortunately.

I looked at a few graphs, Portland stays solidly above average in terms of crime...and is barely ever run by anyone besides the dnc.  Given that other cities, like Chicago and Baltimore, share this unfortunate distinction, when do people admit that there's a tangible issue?

Playing optics games to hate out on cops has backfired enormously.  Do I argue against accountability, massive evolution in training, etc?  Nope.  In fact, I think every single job involving taxpayer authority should have both massive transparency and brutal consequences for failure.

@StickyBun said:
@Zanary said:

I looked at a few graphs, Portland stays solidly above average in terms of crime...and is barely ever run by anyone besides the dnc.  Given that other cities, like Chicago and Baltimore, share this unfortunate distinction, when do people admit that there's a tangible issue?

Playing optics games to hate out on cops has backfired enormously.  Do I argue against accountability, massive evolution in training, etc?  Nope.  In fact, I think every single job involving taxpayer authority should have both massive transparency and brutal consequences for failure.
I really don't see a lot of hate on cops anywhere other than the news. Nobody is talking about defunding police forces other than some very extremists with little support. Even in Minneapolis at the heart of the George Floyd deal, it was seriously overplayed and exaggerated as far as defunding was concerned. But that's the media, always stoking the fear. The problem with Portland and Seattle is the homeless population.....its out of control and both cities cater to it. 

This article was before they'd lost another 200+ police.

Seattle council tries to blame police management for manpower woes (lawenforcementtoday.com) 

The lack of support from the city council, again from optics games, has them leaving in huge numbers.