Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 3 Draft Profiles And Highlights
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Vikings selected Miami WR K.J. Osborn with the No. 176 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.Osborn (5'11/203) transferred to Miami for his final collegiate year and led the Hurricanes in receiving yards (547) in his only season in the ACC. He proved a mediocre athlete at Indy's combine, highlighting his participation with an above-average 40 (4.48) at his position, but Osborn ultimately lacks the 'oomph' to break tackles and fight for yards after the catch at the next level. He'll compete for a special teams role in the league, although the Vikings' receiver depth chart isn't exactly a tough one to climb.
Apr 25, 2020, 3:35 PM ET
This was a head scratching pick considering all of the other receivers we could have added including TJ. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
He plays more like a big nickel. Kearse replacement?
That was my first thought...

Rick Spielman said fourth-round pick DJ Wonnum was a player that Andre Patterson really wanted. Wonnum seems like a reach, but Patterson has a long history of being right on DEs when others aren't.
This was absolutely the worst pick of the Draft for Minnesota. His hips are stiff. He has bend AND flexibility issues, which were noted in one profile after another. Raw as a Rusher in terms of not consistently having a plan. Hunter didn't either coming out, but other than height and arms they don't even remotely compare athletically. 

He's not sudden. Not twitchy. Not especially powerful. And if an O-Lineman can land a punch on him he's toast. Especially against the run.

I love the motor and the intangibles. Athletically speaking, he may profile less well than Weatherly, a 7th Round pick. And I've yet to see anyone say he wouldn't have been available in the 5th and many were thinking 6th Round.

Shit, Jalyn Holmes had a better ceiling than this guy. He's all effort and not much else other than height, arms and 40 time. 

The only way this isn't Scott Crichton like is if Zimmer and Capers bust out some occasional 3-4 looks, since DJ appears much more comfortable, though lacking a specific rushing plan, when he's standing up a few yards off the LOS.

Awesome. A lottery ticket to play some 3-4 rush Linebacker snaps....with their first pick in the 4th. Genius.

I can spin Hand. I don't need to spin Dye now that I've seen the tape. I'll explain that elsewhere. Psyched about Lynch. Osborn is meh. Metellus, Willekeks, Brendel don't have much right home about when you consider that Rick could have used those picks to move up for players with much higher ceilings.

The Wonnum pick stinks. Hate it. Like, Jalyn Holmes was a way better pick level hate it. Also, it sucks lol

Nice video BarrNone. Good find. Hopefully we could move him inside to compete at guard. 

@FSUVike...so, you won't be getting his jersey then?

Spielman said that Patterson wanted to draft Wonnum. I guess that’s good enough for me. 

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Spielman said that Patterson wanted to draft Wonnum. I guess that’s good enough for me. 
That's great that Patterson got someone he wanted to mold at DE, but there was better talent on the board IMO that would have contributed immediately. This guy is a project and was someone that would have been available in the 6th round. Too many red flags with his on field production. 

@"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: Minnesota%20Vikings_0.png]
Vikings selected Baylor DL James Lynch with the No. 130 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.Lynch (6’4/289) was a two-year starting defensive end who set sack records at Baylor and earned first-team All-American honors as a junior after leading the FBS in pressures. He’ll be a three-tech in the NFL, but he rushed from the edge often in the Bear’s three-man front. His power, hand moves, and chase led to 13.5 sacks and 19.5 TFLs as a junior, but his 7th percentile arms are a concern. A highly productive player with 53rd percentile Adjusted SPARQ athleticism, Lynch profiles as a rotational-level defensive tackle in the NFL despite average burst.
Apr 25, 2020, 1:22 PM ET
Chris Hovan 2.0
You wish.

@prairieghost said:
That's great that Patterson got someone he wanted to mold at DE, but there was better talent on the board IMO that would have contributed immediately. This guy is a project and was someone that would have been available in the 6th round. Too many red flags with his on field production. 
But regardless of where he was projected to be drafted, they took the guy because Patterson believes he’s got a good base to develop. Player projections are just that—projections. I saw several players in this draft that went higher than they were projected, but if they turn out to be good players then I guess those teams’ GMs will be lauded as geniuses. 

I don’t know how Lynch will turn out, either, but at this point the only thing I see he has in common with Hovan is red hair...