Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's going to be the new OC?
Sounds like Stefanski is the favorite for the job per someone I talked to. Zimmer will go through the process since you never know until you cast a wide net. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Sounds like Stefanski is the favorite for the job per someone I talked to. Zimmer will go through the process since you never know until you cast a wide net. 

I bet they bring in Bevell or McAdoo or someone to call the plays

Quote: @TBro said:
@greediron said:
Perhaps Stefanski is a known factor and they aren't comfortable with him.
I saw it posted already that Stefanski is a candidate for the job and that Zimmer either has or will be sitting down with him to discuss the position. 
I know he was a candidate already.  Someone just asked why you would go outside if they had Stefanski already inside.  Just speculating the answer to that question.

i am a little confused with an OC that doesnt call their own plays.  I can see it with a O minded HC that wants to keep control of that,  but what will Stefanski really be doing as an OC if he doesnt create a system/game plan and then execute it?

Raiders is a prefect example of switching coordinators and it not working out.
I'm sure Rick and Zim will get it right.
I'm not sure how much Stefanski  was involved with Shurmur game planning but if Shurmur wants him he must have been doing ok.
Thanks for your thoughts Geoff.

They were saying if Stefanski isn't the Vikings OC he may very well end up going to be an OC this off season to somewhere else.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

I bet they bring in Bevell or McAdoo or someone to call the plays
That just doesn't make sense.  Neither would likely want to be assistant coordinators and Stefanski wouldn't likely agree to that either. 

Mayok raved about Stefanski while he was broadcasting at the Senior Bowl.  He likes him quite a bit and said he is ready.

@HappyViking said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Sounds like if Stefanski doesn't get the OC position in MN he may end up following Shurmur to the Giants. 
I'm assuming you mean as Shurmer's OC?  I wonder if Pat would let him be the play caller.
Shurmur is going to call plays. 

If Zim offers the OC duties to Stefanski, I'd think he'd stick wth the Vikes.  He'd have way more influence and responsibility being the Viking's OC than standing in the shodows of Shurmur.  Stefanski would be to Shurmur what George Edwards is to Zim.

I think this makes the most sense continuity wise...The guy has made it through three regimes, there's git to be something there...plus he'll get Cook back...Add a little more talent to the interior of the OL and we might take another step forward on O...