Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v Wade struck down by SCOTUS
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
TX sheriff says he won’t persecute women seeking abortion. ‘Shame on the Supreme Court’
The sheriff of one of the most populous counties in Texas says he will not persecute women who choose to seek an abortion.
“Shame on the Supreme Court and the bureaucrats in Washington D.C. and Austin who are attempting to impose their own supposed morals on others,” Salazar said. “They will not use my badge or the color of my office to do so. My job is chasing predators, rapists, and human traffickers, not someone exercising a right.”

“Outlawing abortion will not end abortion; it will simply end safe abortions and prevent people from seeking the care and help they need for fear of criminal prosecution. I refuse to subject members of my community to that risk.”

At the bold;

And it will be the poor who will suffer the greatest...
They already were.  Planned parenthood targeted the poor and minorities.  

Quote: @badgervike said:
@MaroonBells said:
Joe Burrow: smarter than your average QB...

For forwarding a Twitter?  I've seen a lot of these straw man arguments since the SC decision.  I think most of these originated with Dr. Eliz Markowitz.  Frankly I found them increasingly nonsensical rather than thought provoking.  Does ANYONE really believe that someone will be prosecuted for terminating a tubular pregnancy, or surgical abortion to remove a dead fetus, or IVF...or...?  

There will be a lot of abortion legislation across the US in the next few months.  For instance, in my home State, the WI law on abortion goes back to the 1800's and was on the books when Roe vs Wade basically modified the law.  The law makes any abortion a felony.  They'll have to find some common ground there with a Republican Assembly and Senate and a Democratic Governor.  Many States enacted trigger legislation to pacify their base while Roe was still settled law..never really believing that Roe would eventually fall.  The party in control in the US Congress passes a lot of dog whistle legislation they know full well won't be ratified in the Senate or signed by the President.  Pelosi does it all the time.

Now...these State legislatures will actually have to enact real world laws to deal with abortion and other related issues.  Lots of valid points regarding health of a mother, IVF, non viable fetus, rape / incest (thanks for sharing your story VG..absolutely heart breaking that people can do that to other people), time period.  Abortion rights are still favored by a majority...albeit not the majority they once had..likely due to the Far Left embrace / celebration of abortion including up to day of birth.   Abortion should be one of the most solemn decisions a person will ever have to face...rather than celebrated.  The old Planned Parenthood slogan that abortions should be safe, legal and rare should still apply.  If the Far Right tries to move beyond the accepted norms (such as no abortion..no exceptions)..many of us in the middle will revolt and vote them out of office.

I'd still rather it be settled at the Federal level but it's now up to the people how to best handle it.  We do live in interesting times.
Quote:
Yup, that superstar QB is a real thinker.  Glad he could handle retweeting on his iphone.

[Image: skeletor-companies-pay-abortions-materit...C494&ssl=1]

gotta love Masters of the Universe memes.

Quote:
Or as Planned Parenthood hero, Margaret Sanger, famously wrote in 1929 “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population".  With a solid moral foundation such as that...what could possibly go wrong?

Quote: @badgervike said:
Or as Planned Parenthood hero, Margaret Sanger, famously wrote in 1929 “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population".  With a solid moral foundation such as that...what could possibly go wrong?
You understand that many of our Founding Fathers were slave owners, right? Margaret Sanger was born in 1879, so yeah, she might have some messed up personal beliefs about race. Do we need to provide a list to you of important and influential people in history that were anti-semetic, homophobic, etc. but did some incredible things? Its a LONG 'hero' list.

So please stop with the silly and petty bashing of Sanger's personal beliefs. Its ridiculous and isn't germane to anything concerning birth control other than her apparent racism. Its an obviously deplorable take on her part. Roe vs. Wade isn't a race war.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@badgervike said:
You understand that many of our Founding Fathers were slave owners, right? Margaret Sanger was born in 1879, so yeah, she might have some messed up personal beliefs. Do we need to provide a list to you of important and influential people in history that were anti-semetic, homophobic, etc. but did some incredible things? Its a LONG list.

So please stop with the silly and petty bashing of Sanger's personal beliefs. Its ridiculous and isn't germane to anything concerning birth control.

[Image: proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor....5cb2e07690]

@badgervike said:
You understand that many of our Founding Fathers were slave owners, right? Margaret Sanger was born in 1879, so yeah, she might have some messed up personal beliefs about race. Do we need to provide a list to you of important and influential people in history that were anti-semetic, homophobic, etc. but did some incredible things? Its a LONG 'hero' list.

So please stop with the silly and petty bashing of Sanger's personal beliefs. Its ridiculous and isn't germane to anything concerning birth control. Its an obviously deplorable take on her part.

you are confused... anything to do with history that no longer is acceptable is supposed to be erased from our culture,  werent you paying attention the last couple years?  statues, history books, laws... if it is connected to somebody that might have done something no longer considered PC then by all means..... that shits gotta go!!!

@badgervike said:
You understand that many of our Founding Fathers were slave owners, right? Margaret Sanger was born in 1879, so yeah, she might have some messed up personal beliefs. Do we need to provide a list to you of important and influential people in history that were anti-semetic, homophobic, etc. but did some incredible things? Its a LONG list.

So please stop with the silly and petty bashing of Sanger's personal beliefs. Its ridiculous and isn't germane to anything concerning birth control.

Oh...I realize it.  Sanger was a a piece of work...but..in fairness.. she was an equal opportunity offender.  Here's some of her more controversial quotes:
https://www.dailysignal.com/2015/07/22/1...et-sanger/

I live in Madison...we've been rewriting history for a long time...long before the rest of you became Woke.  Every Public School my children attended has been renamed...every monument removed....including a Civil War General...who fought on the Union side.   We even removed an offensive rock (don't ask).  There's even a movement to rename Madison...because Founding Father, Author of the Constitution,  President of the US should be judged solely on the fact he owned slaves.  The textbook used for American history here devoted as much time to Louis Farrakhan as Thomas Jefferson...because a Founding Father's contribution to our history is no more important that anti-semitic, race baiter, "Kill Whitey" Farrakhan.