Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appears that Cousins has gotten the shot
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
The article posted by Oracle above is eye opening. Patient on his last leg, desperate for a cure. Tried antibiotics. Didn't work. Tried hydroxychloroquine he found on the internet. Didn't work. Tried monoclodnal antibodies. Didn't work.

Asked why he refused the vaccine, he said "I don't trust that it's safe" Doctor explains that given the amount of doses administered worldwide, the vaccine is not only safe, but it works incredibly well. Instead the patient asks for remdesivir, a drug about which far less is known including whatever side effects. 
“Do you still want me to give it to you?” “Yes” he responded, “Whatever it takes to save my life.” Well, I guess except for a vaccine developed to do exactly that. So patient dies. 
And now folks everywhere are being hospitalized because they're taking drugs meant for livestock. 
“There are potential toxicities. So it’s something, you know, as you know, I think some people are trying to use it as a preventative, which I think is really kind of crazy. So please don’t do that,” Mississippi State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said during a discussion on Zoom today.

“You know, for the life of me, I don’t get it. Dr. Dobbs, you have a vaccine that’s safe and effective. And yet people, as opposed to getting the vaccine, want to go after these kinds of things,” MSDH Communications Director Liz Sharlot said during today’s Zoom discussion. 
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??

Because it's political. It's insane. And the people are stubborn jackasses. I'll try a horse dewormer but I won't take a completely safe vaccine. Ok then. 
Trumpical more than political I suspect. I doubt our good friends in the GOP who simply like low taxes and small government are part of this group. But there's a sort of willing suspension of truth and good sense when it comes to the cult of Trump. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
Perhaps you want to ask that of the people who failed to get vaccinated and then regretted it.  
Valentine dies. 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A conservative talk radio host who had been a vaccine skeptic until he was hospitalized from Covid-19 has died. He was 61.
Nashville radio station SuperTalk 99.7 WTN confirmed Phil Valentine’s death in a tweet Saturday.
Valentine had been a skeptic of coronavirus vaccines. But after he tested positive for Covid-19, and prior to his hospitalization, he told his listeners to consider, “If I get this Covid thing, do I have a chance of dying from it?” If so, he advised them to get vaccinated. He said he chose not to get vaccinated because he thought he probably wouldn’t die.
After Valentine was moved into a critical care unit, Mark Valentine said his brother regretted that “he wasn’t a more vocal advocate of the vaccination.”
“I know if he were able to tell you this, he would tell you, ’Go get vaccinated. Quit worrying about the politics. Quit worrying about all the conspiracy theories,'” Mark Valentine told The Tennessean in July.

Damn,

61 is my age, way too young to meet your maker
God awful way to go
I feel bad for his survivors, Valentine gets ZERO sympathy from me

Quote: @greediron said:
@Mike Olson said:
Every single time someone is spreading misinfo about covid and the vaccines it seems to start with “I googled…”

Do you honestly believe that your googling skills supplant the billions of dollars of research and departments dedicating researching viruses and vaccines? Honestly.

Also I have a duty as the admin of this site to keep dangerous misonformation from being spread. I will use my admin privleges to do so.

Please keep your googling research to yourself as it pertains to the current pandemic that we are under.

Thanks.
so your googling SCIENCE trumps everyone else since you hold the keys.  Sounds pretty normal in 2021.  

I long for the days when science didn't mean doing what the politicians told us to do.
What kind of gaslighting is this? Googling science? Doing what the politicians tell us to do?

Go get vaccinated. Wear your mask and help try to keep your fellow Americans healthy.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
Perhaps you want to ask that of the people who failed to get vaccinated and then regretted it.  
Valentine dies. 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A conservative talk radio host who had been a vaccine skeptic until he was hospitalized from Covid-19 has died. He was 61.
Nashville radio station SuperTalk 99.7 WTN confirmed Phil Valentine’s death in a tweet Saturday.
Valentine had been a skeptic of coronavirus vaccines. But after he tested positive for Covid-19, and prior to his hospitalization, he told his listeners to consider, “If I get this Covid thing, do I have a chance of dying from it?” If so, he advised them to get vaccinated. He said he chose not to get vaccinated because he thought he probably wouldn’t die.
After Valentine was moved into a critical care unit, Mark Valentine said his brother regretted that “he wasn’t a more vocal advocate of the vaccination.”
“I know if he were able to tell you this, he would tell you, ’Go get vaccinated. Quit worrying about the politics. Quit worrying about all the conspiracy theories,'” Mark Valentine told The Tennessean in July.

Damn,

61 is my age, way too young to meet your maker
God awful way to go
I feel bad for his survivors, Valentine gets ZERO sympathy from me

Same. I feel bad for anyone who gets sick and dies, no matter their stance. But there's a reservation in hell for people with a microphone who spread this nonsense to the masses. Who very likely know better, but still choose to stoke their audience by playing the left/right game. For ratings. For profit. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
The article posted by Oracle above is eye opening. Patient on his last leg, desperate for a cure. Tried antibiotics. Didn't work. Tried hydroxychloroquine he found on the internet. Didn't work. Tried monoclodnal antibodies. Didn't work.

Asked why he refused the vaccine, he said "I don't trust that it's safe" Doctor explains that given the amount of doses administered worldwide, the vaccine is not only safe, but it works incredibly well. Instead the patient asks for remdesivir, a drug about which far less is known including whatever side effects. 
“Do you still want me to give it to you?” “Yes” he responded, “Whatever it takes to save my life.” Well, I guess except for a vaccine developed to do exactly that. So patient dies. 
And now folks everywhere are being hospitalized because they're taking drugs meant for livestock. 
“There are potential toxicities. So it’s something, you know, as you know, I think some people are trying to use it as a preventative, which I think is really kind of crazy. So please don’t do that,” Mississippi State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said during a discussion on Zoom today.

“You know, for the life of me, I don’t get it. Dr. Dobbs, you have a vaccine that’s safe and effective. And yet people, as opposed to getting the vaccine, want to go after these kinds of things,” MSDH Communications Director Liz Sharlot said during today’s Zoom discussion. 

Because it's political. It's insane. And the people are stubborn jackasses. I'll try a horse dewormer but I won't take a completely safe vaccine. Ok then. 
Trumpical more than political I suspect. I doubt our good friends in the GOP who simply like low taxes and small government are part of this group. But there's a sort of willing suspension of truth and good sense when it comes to the cult of Trump. 
Actually, I don't think it is that straightforward.  Trump and his family have been vaccinated and when he told people to get vaccinated in Alabama, they booed.  To a certain extent, it is an egg and chicken paradox --  Trump clearly tapped into a general suspicion/dissatisfaction in the country -- people willing to believe in weird conspiracies.  In turn, those people bought Trump's conspiracies hook, line and sinker.  But that doesn't mean they are going to reject there own conspiracy theories if Trump doesn't embrace them. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@greediron said:
@Mike Olson said:
Every single time someone is spreading misinfo about covid and the vaccines it seems to start with “I googled…”

Do you honestly believe that your googling skills supplant the billions of dollars of research and departments dedicating researching viruses and vaccines? Honestly.

Also I have a duty as the admin of this site to keep dangerous misonformation from being spread. I will use my admin privleges to do so.

Please keep your googling research to yourself as it pertains to the current pandemic that we are under.

Thanks.
so your googling SCIENCE trumps everyone else since you hold the keys.  Sounds pretty normal in 2021.  

I long for the days when science didn't mean doing what the politicians told us to do.
What kind of gaslighting is this? Googling science? Doing what the politicians tell us to do?

Go get vaccinated. Wear your mask and help try to keep your fellow Americans healthy.
Preach!!!

Oh and greed, while big pharma was busy saving lives.  The ivermectin study got pulled for bias, flawed data and plagirism last month. Down goes another miricle drug. 

Heres an actual study on it though. Not that its going to change ypur mind. 

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2777389?fbclid=IwAR0ruMF1qXDqVvaHDTVr0fp3xzzKgf46A1wLoWVsVxkobFJd-OI57m0IbXE

I wonder what all these deaths will do to the electorate for future elections. 

We’ve had people falling over themselves to move to TN because of our lacks mask/covid rules. 

So youve got two things at play here. Red people leaving blue states.  Then people dying prematurely all around the US. Was covid an equall opertunist first but now knocking out red people at a faster rate?

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Actually, I don't think it is that straightforward.  Trump and his family have been vaccinated and when he told people to get vaccinated in Alabama, they booed.  To a certain extent, it is an egg and chicken paradox --  Trump clearly tapped into a general suspicion/dissatisfaction in the country -- people willing to believe in weird conspiracies.  In turn, those people bought Trump's conspiracies hook, line and sinker.  But that doesn't mean they are going to reject there own conspiracy theories if Trump doesn't embrace them. 
Trump may be vaccinated, but they know full well he's still one of them. Don't forget his mocking of mask rules and promotion of hydroxychloriquine...and even questioning the vaccine, which is completely bizarre considering he played a part in its development. They also know he was told to encourage folks to get vaccinated. Their booing that not him.

I"m sure the People's Temple booed Jim Jones when he told them that they would have to allow Congressman Ryan into their Jonestown compound.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@greediron said:
@Mike Olson said:

Thanks.

I am trying, but they aren't listening.  And please stay way the hell outta my medical decisions.  I don't trust you.

Funny how misinformation gets spread.  Seems like the "Doctors walk out in protest" was another bit of misinformation to spread fear.  The hospitals are not "at capacity" any more than the normal 85% they run and the doctors staging a photo op press conference was simply doctors that were off shift.

But keep peddling fear to sell vaccines.  It is working on lots of sheep.