Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta be a record number of teams needing QB this off season
Quote: @"greediron" said:
Oh, and Chicago doesn't have a 1st next year do they? 
With the 5th pick in the 2020 draft, the Chicago Bears select linebacker/defensive end Khalil Mack again

Quote: @"Hidalgo" said:
@"greediron" said:
With the 5th pick in the 2020 draft, the Chicago Bears select linebacker/defensive end Khalil Mack again
True that...

But there could be a strong case he's almost worth it too...

If they got even avg qb play from Trubisky they'd be right there with the Vikings and probably would have beaten GB at home too. 

But to the OP's point, a lot of teams will be looking for QB's...I think the Vikings should nab one earlier than later and let him curate behind KC a while. I'm assuming we're going to have a nice December run and everyone will be singing kumbuya to keep KC here a while. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Hidalgo" said:
@"greediron" said:
True that...

If they got even avg qb play from Trubisky they'd be right there with the Vikings and probably would have beaten GB at home too. 

But to the OP's point, a lot of teams will be looking for QB's...I think the Vikings should nab one earlier than later and let him curate behind KC a while. I'm assuming we're going to have a nice December run and everyone will be singing kumbuya to keep KC here a while. 

Agreed.  Get someone now so they can sit while Cousins is playing well.  Follow the NE model  and develop the talent before you need it.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Hidalgo" said:
@"greediron" said:
True that...

Agreed.  Get someone now so they can sit while Cousins is playing well.  Follow the NE model  and develop the talent before you need it.
This ^

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Hidalgo" said:
@"greediron" said:
True that...

I'm a big fan of curation. It's becoming less and less necessary as college and pro offenses start to merge a little more...but I'm still a big believer that sitting and learning for at least a year is the best scenario. 

But, yes, the point of the OP was that nearly a dozen teams will be looking for a QB in the draft. So while it sounds great to imagine that one of the top QBs falls to us at 32, it's probably not going to happen. This year more than any other, teams are going to be scratching and clawing to get at the QBs. They'll go way above where their value is. QBs taken late in the 1st round are likely to be 3rd or 4th round values. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/21/tua-ta...fl-week-12
Great article, Sticky.  I guess Tua's injury will be the "butterfly effect" for many QB's and the teams needing them.  

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/21/tua-ta...fl-week-12
Bastard should at least give me a contributor credit. :-) Honestly, I'm surprised this isn't being talked about more. I don't think I've ever seen a year when so many teams will be looking for QBs.