• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMQB's Albert Breer: 'Why not us?' - Cousins
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
This could be the type of win that really gets this team going in the final stretch.  We saw what was successful when a team can shut down our running game.  The hurry-up offense was clicking.  We came back from a 20-point deficit in one half of football.  I think the coaches and players learned a lot about themselves and what we need to do to be successful when teams take away our biggest strength on offense.

Cousins really impressed me in the 2nd half.  Even after getting sacked when we were trying to comeback, he threw a dagger to Tyler Conklin (of all people) to pick up a first down on 3rd and 14.  It's plays like that we tend to forget in games like these...  if we don't keep the chains moving on that drive, we don't make it 23-13 and don't have a chance to win it in the 4th quarter.

Huge win and I'm really starting to believe in Cousins.  If we can get healthy over the bye week, this team has a chance to make some noise in December and hopefully January/February.
Agreed.  Hope this was a character check for the team.  Time to buy in. 

What I don't like is Cousins and the play calling in the first half.  He was holding the ball, struggling to find an opening.  Stef better figure out this Fangio/Bear defense cuz against a better team, it won't end this way.
I think Zimmer needs to let them open up games the way they played the 2nd half,  this team seems to not get aggressive until its proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the run game is not working.  they tend to be trying to use the run to set up the pass again at times and its just doesnt always work and they need to flip the script sooner IMO.
Disagree on that.  We have had several games where we have come out passing and gotten up early.  I don't think Zim is messing with the offense.  I think Kubiak and Stef are the voices on offense that need to figure it out.  Cousins seems off some days.  KC, he was off all day.  Yesterday he wasn't trusting his reads and holding the ball.  Stef needs to find a way to get Cousins settled in early.  Go hurry up, some easy passes, something to settle him in.  part of that first half was on him.  The offense did nothing.
without knowing who signs off on game plans,  we will have to disagree,  i dont know that Zimmer has gone back to being hands off after the way it bit him in the ass last year.  yes kubiak and stef put the plan together,  but I am willing to bet  that Zim gives them direction on how he wants a game to go or a defense attacked.

Cousins may or may not have been the problem,  without seeing the all 22 we dont know if he was forced to hold the ball or if he was just not seeing shit clearly.  I know the OL was dog shit again yesterday and that likely is something that was rolling around in his head as he was dropping back as well.  KC does a great job of keeping his eyes down field but even the best start sneaking a peak after getting knocked around early in games.
You think Zim is telling kubiak how to run an offense?  
I think Zim is not the trusting type and will make sure that he knows what is going on with his team,  I can see Zim as a micro manager and since Kubiak isnt a full time coach,  yeah I think Zim still has input on the game plan (not how to run the offense or call plays)  but he likely points out things that he sees as a defensive guy from film to Stef and Kubiak and will expect to see some of his stuff in the game plan.

"Then Zimmer reached into his coaching bag, took out a stone, hurled it from his sling, and struck the Seattleite in the forehead."

Big, big game coming up.