Zimmer in the market for Gold Bond medicated powder
Quote: @Wetlander said:
@holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@holmanjp said:
@StickyBun said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@StickyBun said:
Zimmer feels he and the team operate better if they are motivated by things....things like purported disrespect by the media, etc. To me, that's goofy because it's manufactured. How many times can you go to that well and get water?

You've got the team, its healthy and its a BIG year to prove something. The NFC is loaded, but there are no excuses. 
Denny Green was the king of using this as a motivator for his teams.
I loved Denny. 8 out of the 10 years he was a Viking's coach, they had a winning regular season record. But went 4-8 in the playoffs. Zimmer has had a winning record in 3 out of 6 years, 1-2 in the playoffs. I think both are good coaches, but eventually you need to win games in the playoffs. Big year for the Vikings this season.
Are you counting this year as a +.500 season??

2014 7 wins
2015 11 wins
2016 8 wins
2017 13 wins
2018 8 wins

2 years with more than 8 wins out of 5 seasons
He has a winning record in 3 out of 5 seasons...  we went 8-7-1 last year.  The two seasons we didn't have a winning record was Teddy's rookie year (and Zimmer's first year as HC) and the year Teddy's leg fell off a week before the season.

Zimmer is a good coach who just needs a little more luck in the QB and RB department.  Hopefully Cousins plays well and Dalvin balls out like he is capable of...

Could be a special season.
Ok so a tie isn't a loss. It however is not a win. They won 8 games.

They lost by 17 points to a team they were favored to beat by 17 
They lost to a Bears team with nothing to play for, hell they should have forfeited to Mn
then turned around and beat them in the playoffs.

Zim did have luck in the QB department (2017) he tried to do everything in his power to start a different QB

Zim maybe has no clue about QB's Source: Vikings never gave Kyle Sloter a chance to win the No. 2 QB job

Made up his mind before the season, then made up stories to make it look like Kyle was not the better #2 option.
Who is the source?  Sloter's parents?

From what I've heard, he was first one to leave after practice and didn't put in any extra time like the other QBs did.  You'd think a guy who was just learning the position without much college experience would want to soak up as much information from veteran QBs and coaches as he could...  but that wasn't the case.
You're right. Zim is a QB, and kicker guru.
He also has he team motivated every single week.
He has also done a fine job of assembling a top O line and O coordinators.

Who said Kyle was first to leave practice? Zim's patents?

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@holmanjp said:
@StickyBun said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@StickyBun said:
Zimmer feels he and the team operate better if they are motivated by things....things like purported disrespect by the media, etc. To me, that's goofy because it's manufactured. How many times can you go to that well and get water?

You've got the team, its healthy and its a BIG year to prove something. The NFC is loaded, but there are no excuses. 
Denny Green was the king of using this as a motivator for his teams.
I loved Denny. 8 out of the 10 years he was a Viking's coach, they had a winning regular season record. But went 4-8 in the playoffs. Zimmer has had a winning record in 3 out of 6 years, 1-2 in the playoffs. I think both are good coaches, but eventually you need to win games in the playoffs. Big year for the Vikings this season.
Are you counting this year as a +.500 season??

2014 7 wins
2015 11 wins
2016 8 wins
2017 13 wins
2018 8 wins

2 years with more than 8 wins out of 5 seasons
He has a winning record in 3 out of 5 seasons...  we went 8-7-1 last year.  The two seasons we didn't have a winning record was Teddy's rookie year (and Zimmer's first year as HC) and the year Teddy's leg fell off a week before the season.

Zimmer is a good coach who just needs a little more luck in the QB and RB department.  Hopefully Cousins plays well and Dalvin balls out like he is capable of...

Could be a special season.
Ok so a tie isn't a loss. It however is not a win. They won 8 games.

They lost by 17 points to a team they were favored to beat by 17 
They lost to a Bears team with nothing to play for, hell they should have forfeited to Mn
then turned around and beat them in the playoffs.

Zim did have luck in the QB department (2017) he tried to do everything in his power to start a different QB

Zim maybe has no clue about QB's Source: Vikings never gave Kyle Sloter a chance to win the No. 2 QB job

Made up his mind before the season, then made up stories to make it look like Kyle was not the better #2 option.
Who is the source?  Sloter's parents?

From what I've heard, he was first one to leave after practice and didn't put in any extra time like the other QBs did.  You'd think a guy who was just learning the position without much college experience would want to soak up as much information from veteran QBs and coaches as he could...  but that wasn't the case.
For whatever reason, Jones and Sloter were never given a legitimate shot. Jones should have gotten opportunities last year after Elf came back and was terrible, and should have replaced him at guard this year. Sloter was by far and away a better performing QB vs. Siemian but the staff had already made up their mind he wasn't going to make the team. Not sure if it was personality, work ethic, playing favorites, etc. We will never really know the true story. I think both were stupid decisions where objectivity was thrown out the window when the decision making process was made. Their play on the field should have done the talking but clearly that isn't always the case. At least they finally decided to eat the remaining money on Treadwell's contract and let him go, but that was about pride and ego vs. his performance and came a year too late.