Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings’ Stefon Diggs On Trade Talk
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Maybe he wanted to send a message. Thielen sent his so Diggs decided to try something to send a message. I am not saying I agree with it, I am just posing it as a possibility. No matter what he says or does, some people won't be happy. Hopefully this will die down at some point. For now there are still some clicks and hits to get from it. 
Take off your fan goggles,  put him on another team and he is just another diva WR...do you still find your take plausible?

Imo he is being a bitch and when the team didn't crumble and actually came out with that fine as well as the talk of him losing his guaranteed money....he is walking back the tone,  but still wanting to portray the intent of the message.... Wink
My fan googles are fine lol. I did say I didn't necessarily agree with him. I was just posing it as a possibility. He took the opportunity to pile on after Thielen's comments. There are always consequences for actions and Diggs saw his. At least it was put out there that there is every reason to be frustrated with the offense. Not that is wasn't obvious beforehand but apparently players needed to say it.
Nothing is apparent thus far....I game against a weak opponent is no indication of his tantrum having any affects on play calling or other.

And if it needed to be said,  it needed to be kept in house.  That shit last week isnt over,  and it will only fester with each stumble until it really blows up eventually.

He skipped practice because he had been complaining for quite some time behind the scenes and did not seem to get anyone to pay attention.  His actions, while selfish, did get the attention of the media, coaches, and Cousins.  You could see the frustration in the locker room by both WRs after the Chicago game.  

It's hard when you have 2 stars at one position.  If the QB is not consistent, then the ball does not go to one guy or another.  If you think Thielen was (or may be again) any less frustrated, he has been.  You can see his emotions on his face after games.

BTW - There is NO animosity between Diggs and Thielen - they truly are good friends.

And, at 3rd WR - the Vikings don't miss Chad Beebe, as Bisi Johnson is emerging.  Chad had a great offseason, a decent camp, and a bad preseason.  He may have been over-hyped as the next Adam Thielen.  He is not that, not even close.