Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings’ Stefon Diggs On Trade Talk
Vikings’ Stefon Diggs On Trade Talk

October 9th, 2019 at 1:23pm CST by Zach Links

Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs is generating trade interest, but he doesn’t necessarily want to be shipped out. On Wednesday,
Diggs clarified his earlier comments regarding his dissatisfaction with the club.
[Image: USATSI_13439704-200x300.jpg]
[RELATED: Stefon Diggs Drawing Trade Interest]

I never said I was unhappy or uncomfortable with my role. I said I wanted to win, that was what my frustrations were and that’s where it kind of got misconstrued last week,” Diggs said (Twitter link via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press).

Diggs skipped multiple practices in Minnesota and has been fined upwards of $200K. In the midst of a five-year, $72MM extension, Diggs can take the hit, but he might not be happy about it.

Either way, Diggs seems to have calmed down, perhaps because the Vikings topped the Giants 28-10 last Sunday. Next up – a big matchup against the Eagles.

How does skipping practice help the team win?
If these guys REALLY want to win, they'd take more "team-friendly" deals and allow their team to get better players around them.  If we had a better OL, Diggs would get more opportunities. 
I'm not attacking Diggs, specifically... but all these guys want their money AND their wins.  In the end, we almost always see what they want more.
Barr is a good example of that.  He obviously wanted something more than max money.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
How does skipping practice help the team win?
If these guys REALLY want to win, they'd take more "team-friendly" deals and allow their team to get better players around them.  If we had a better OL, Diggs would get more opportunities. 
I'm not attacking Diggs, specifically... but all these guys want their money AND their wins.  In the end, we almost always see what they want more.
Barr is a good example of that.  He obviously wanted something more than max money.

Excellent points, pumpf.  In an age where...supposedly...communication is at its easiest with all the tech at our disposal, players can't simply request a face-to-face with their own teammates and coaches and instead choose the "Twittersphere" to express themselves like a scorned teenager.  Great Odin's ghost...man up and act like the adult...and teammate...you purport to be and stop the TruTV pout-fest.  Personally, I wouldn't mind the Vikes honoring a trade request to that team where players go to vanish...Wash DC.  There's a lineman there looking for a new home I'm told...

Alternate Title " Can I interest you in a steaming cup of STFU? "

Maybe he wanted to send a message. Thielen sent his so Diggs decided to try something to send a message. I am not saying I agree with it, I am just posing it as a possibility. No matter what he says or does, some people won't be happy. Hopefully this will die down at some point. For now there are still some clicks and hits to get from it. 

Diggs isn't fooling anyone, this whole thing was contrived on his part. And I'm sure the 'trade' thing was leaked by his agent. He's emotional and a diva. You don't get fined $200,000 because it was 'all a communication mixup'. This spin on his part that the big bad media made more of it than it was is bullshit.

He's frustrated because before the Giants game, the passing offense looked like a junior high team.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Maybe he wanted to send a message. Thielen sent his so Diggs decided to try something to send a message. I am not saying I agree with it, I am just posing it as a possibility. No matter what he says or does, some people won't be happy. Hopefully this will die down at some point. For now there are still some clicks and hits to get from it. 
Take off your fan goggles,  put him on another team and he is just another diva WR...do you still find your take plausible?

Imo he is being a bitch and when the team didn't crumble and actually came out with that fine as well as the talk of him losing his guaranteed money....he is walking back the tone,  but still wanting to portray the intent of the message.... Wink

With the emergence of the combination of Cook/Mattison being the focal point of the team with the running game...Theilen and Diggs are not the center of the universe for the Vikings anymore.  Wide receivers being wide receivers thrive on the attention given to them in a game.  Once gone or reduced, i.e...Theilen's comments and Diggs' tantrums appear.

Yeah, how dare a WR - who's been a model teammate and member of the community up until this blip on the radar - put his livelihood and career before a team.

We're fans: our focus is on the Vikings and whoever is suiting up to play for them on Sundays. His loyalty at the end of the day most likely isn't anything and everything Vikings like we'd hope. I'm not saying I agree with his tactics or attitude, but I understand it.

He's frustrated, and understandably so.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Take off your fan goggles,  put him on another team and he is just another diva WR...do you still find your take plausible?

Imo he is being a bitch and when the team didn't crumble and actually came out with that fine as well as the talk of him losing his guaranteed money....he is walking back the tone,  but still wanting to portray the intent of the message.... Wink
My fan googles are fine lol. I did say I didn't necessarily agree with him. I was just posing it as a possibility. He took the opportunity to pile on after Thielen's comments. There are always consequences for actions and Diggs saw his. At least it was put out there that there is every reason to be frustrated with the offense. Not that is wasn't obvious beforehand but apparently players needed to say it.