Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: GOT in 2 days the wait is almost over
Quote: @"matt4787" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
I do agree that this season feels rushed. It like after last night there's simply to much mess to clean up in one final episode. There should have been 8 instead of 6 maybe. At least one more. Something like last nights episode then followed by one set up decompression episode then the grand finale. I'm not understanding why today.  It does feel a bit rushed to get out.
I'm not sure I blame the writers as much as others do. They got thrust into a role they probably didn't deserve.

I don't think it's rushed, what I see is a difference of writing style between GRRM and D&D. If these two created a serious without GRRM's foundation, I think it'd do well. This is about managing expectations. I like this season... but it is garbage comparatively. These guys were painting into a corner and they did their best.

If we get one more nude scene from Emilia Clarke, this'll all be worth it. She's perfect. 

I don't know how you can say it wasn't rushed story. 3 episodes (2 leading up to war with Dead) and 1 episode with Battle of the dead and that's it. And 3 episodes for Iron Throne and Dany turning Mad Queen. It was two 3-episode seasons essentially with story for at least two 10 episode seasons. And that is probably being conservative. The pacing was clearly the biggest problem with the writing and storytelling. I understand there was always going to be people that would hate the ending. But it was crap. And I am not afraid to sound like the rest of the sheeple. 
I think I wrote this before the finale... I change my answer. It was very rushed.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
As long as this thread is still alive... I just wanted to make a comment about the "behind the scenes" GoT show (I think it was called, "The Last Watch"?).  What a let-down.  The main stars had hardly any screen time... meanwhile we got a full dose of make-up artists and food truck operators.  What a waste.  

Totally agree, and the final season of an acclaimed series deserved exposition from the writers, producers, and main cast to describe how the ending was planned and developed. But halfway through it, when they spent a couple minutes showing two people yelling obscenities at each other across a field, I shut it off.
Same problem as the rest of season 8: everyone involved realized they could pretty much record their own farts and rabid fans would still buy the product.