Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough decision coming for the Vikings . . .
Quote: @"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
Anthony Harris is also a FA. If we're releasing Sendejo and letting Iloka walk, we will probably try to keep Harris.
Among your "Unlikely to return", there are a few which might stay: Bailey, Aldrick Robinson, Brett Jones (depends on what the new OL coach thinks), and given Roc Thomas' troubles, Ameer Abdullah.
As for Thielen - the Vikings don't need to increase his salary this year. He is "getting paid"...his contract actually raises his 2019 salary by $2M based on what he did in 2018.
i think Ant Harris is an RFA. I expect he will be back. I put a “?” on Bailey. Don’t know what to think there. The rest I think are gone. I don’t see us just walking away from Waynes. He is expensive but not out of line with his value. I think they do need to find money for Thielen after his 2018 season. We shall see.
I didn't realize it but Harris is indeed a RFA so there's some time on that.

I would be very surprised if Waynes is back. It's just such a big chunk of money the team can use to improve elsewhere. And at a position where they can afford it. It just makes too much sense. And the fact that the Vikings were shopping him at the combine confirms to me that something will happen. It's just a matter of what we get in return. In other words I don't think this is a situation where the Vikings will just keep him if they don't get what they want. They'll just take the best offer. 
I doubt that Waynes is moved now with a likely 4 game suspension looming for Hill and Hughes coming off an ACL injury.  That would leave our secondary thin early in the season  unless they sign a FA CB first then swap Waynes for a pick
I think the search warrant was executed the 16th of January, so the Vikings knew about it before the combine. Yet they were still supposedly shopping Waynes . It will be interesting to see where it goes from here. 

Shopping Waynes for what? Many are assuming Draft Pick. Might Rick have been dangling him for a Starter on the O-Line?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
Anthony Harris is also a FA. If we're releasing Sendejo and letting Iloka walk, we will probably try to keep Harris.
Among your "Unlikely to return", there are a few which might stay: Bailey, Aldrick Robinson, Brett Jones (depends on what the new OL coach thinks), and given Roc Thomas' troubles, Ameer Abdullah.
As for Thielen - the Vikings don't need to increase his salary this year. He is "getting paid"...his contract actually raises his 2019 salary by $2M based on what he did in 2018.
i think Ant Harris is an RFA. I expect he will be back. I put a “?” on Bailey. Don’t know what to think there. The rest I think are gone. I don’t see us just walking away from Waynes. He is expensive but not out of line with his value. I think they do need to find money for Thielen after his 2018 season. We shall see.
I didn't realize it but Harris is indeed a RFA so there's some time on that.

I would be very surprised if Waynes is back. It's just such a big chunk of money the team can use to improve elsewhere. And at a position where they can afford it. It just makes too much sense. And the fact that the Vikings were shopping him at the combine confirms to me that something will happen. It's just a matter of what we get in return. In other words I don't think this is a situation where the Vikings will just keep him if they don't get what they want. They'll just take the best offer. 
Actually, I see Waynes staying.  With Hughes an unknown and frankly, Xavier unknown, Waynes is the only true starting corner we have and you know how CBs can go down with injury.  Lastly, I'm not overly impressed with this year's CB class.  Waynes will stay for his $9 mil and perhaps get extended to lower that number.