Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Chiefs defense leaves a lot to be desired...
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
@"holmanjp" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
Yup.  And why I knew they wouldn't be playing in February.  Great offenses and these "young offensive geniuses", still need to know how to get a three and out once in a while.  
Andy isn't that young, and McVay is going to SB vs old man Peyton going.
Not a comment on Reid per se but the rest of the new breed of offensive wunderkinds that the league is enamored with.  Again, nothing wrong in averaging 35 points but not giving up 38 is nice.
I am a long standing card carrying member of the Defense Wins Championships Organization.... but its hard to argue against  the top offenses were in the championship games and the top defenses are playing golf.

Agree with you, Jimmy, that you don't need to have one of the top defenses to be playing in the SB. But as of last weekend, the top offenses in both conferences are now also playing golf. 

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
@"holmanjp" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
Yup.  And why I knew they wouldn't be playing in February.  Great offenses and these "young offensive geniuses", still need to know how to get a three and out once in a while.  
Andy isn't that young, and McVay is going to SB vs old man Peyton going.
Not a comment on Reid per se but the rest of the new breed of offensive wunderkinds that the league is enamored with.  Again, nothing wrong in averaging 35 points but not giving up 38 is nice.
I am a long standing card carrying member of the Defense Wins Championships Organization.... but its hard to argue against  the top offenses were in the championship games and the top defenses are playing golf.

Agree with you, Jimmy, that you don't need to have one of the top defenses to be playing in the SB. But as of last weekend, the top offenses in both conferences are now also playing golf. 
And the saints d was ranked higher than  the rams d and they are playing golf with their offense.  Balance when a team can,  but offense is disproportionately advantaged in the league right now so building a strong O over a strong D seems to be the way to go....however that O has to be more than just a passing game, they need to be able to run the ball and grind the game out like new england did,  although I would say new England's D did as much or more for that win than Brady and the O did.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Ouch...

[Image: screen-shot-2019-01-21-at-3.14.29-pm.jpg?w=1000&h=558]
Putting all this on one guy is not fair.  Way over the line...

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Ouch...

I would like to see a change where if any player on either side of the LOS is lined up offsides the line judges raise their arm straight up... that way players on both sides can look either direction and see that its clear or not clear,  if a line judge has his arm in the air they would know to check themselves.  often you will see recievers out wide check with the the line judges and get an adjustement is needed sign from them.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Ouch...

I would like to see a change where if any player on either side of the LOS is lined up offsides the line judges raise their arm straight up... that way players on both sides can look either direction and see that its clear or not clear,  if a line judge has his arm in the air they would know to check themselves.  often you will see recievers out wide check with the the line judges and get an adjustement is needed sign from them.
Just FYI, I was poking fun.  Puns are always intentional.
I think the refs will often give them an indication or warning.  Reid was complaining that they didn't warn him in this case.  But really, you need a ref to tell you that you are that far over the line?

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Ouch...

Just FYI, I was poking fun.  Puns are always intentional.
I think the refs will often give them an indication or warning.  Reid was complaining that they didn't warn him in this case.  But really, you need a ref to tell you that you are that far over the line?
I dont think he is as far over as some think,  i am guessing his head and shoulders are across (which is plenty)  but I hear on talk radio where they are referencing the blue line and saying its over half his body which is likely wrong,  its just the angle of the shot which makes it look much worse than it was... however Reid needs to STFU,  I have never heard of a lineman getting a courtesy adjustment like receivers do.  I will say that I have heard line judges and refs give players warnings,  but that is usually early in games and certainly not on what could be the final drive of a championship game.

I would honestly like the visual for both teams though with the refs raising an arm if somebody is lining up offsides pre snap.

Report: Spagnuolo favorite for Chiefs' DC job

[Image: 10323.jpg]
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports ex-Giants DC Steve Spagnuolo "has emerged as the favorite" for the Chiefs' defensive coordinator vacancy.
Spagnuolo spent this past season out of the league. Both he and coach Andy Reid worked together in Philadelphia when Reid was the head coach and Spags was an assistant under longtime DC Jim Johnson. Spagnuolo has coordinated some stellar defenses in the past with the Giants, but also ran one of the worst defenses in history with the Saints in 2012 after failing miserably as the Rams head coach from 2009-2011. Spagnuolo would be an interesting hire for the Chiefs.                    
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter                          Jan 23 - 10:35 AM

first viking pack match up of this year they had a  player lined up off sides and he jumped the count if I remember right ----no penalty hmmmm

@"purplefaithful" said:

Ouch...

Now that's punny! 

No, not putting it all on him...That would be like putting 98 all on Gary Anderson when there's plenty of blame for Bob Smith, Randall under throwing a wide-open Moss in OT, Robert Griffith dropping an easy interception in the end zone etc.

Win as a team, lose as one - most of the time anyways. 

GD that game still hurts - all these years later. Only solace I get is knowing Saints fans face the same for 20+ years (40+ if you go back to the Pearson push-off). 

Hell, they got to deal with Minny Miracle and Reffing Unbelievable. God bless em. 

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Reid got outcoached plain and simple. The weakness with his O-Line was in the middle, especially with their RG with the two french last names being out.

So Belicheat runs games and sends extra rushers straight up the gut the whole first half and Reid/Bienemy kept dialing up long shots instead of attackin the Patriots on the boundaries.

If Brees had seen that Defense he would have thrown a dozen passes to Kamara until Belicheat reacted.

Now maybe Mahomes was too gunslinger but a lot of those plays in the first half were designed to go deep to either a double covered Hill or Kelce.

If Andy had adjusted before halftime the Chiefs would have put up a lot more points.

There's a reason his Championship Game record stinks and we saw it last night.
Watching him outwit other coaches year after year, a lot of folks buy the genius tag, but my feeling is more like a lot of this stuff is obvious.   However other coaches are mostly idiots who can't grasp the obvious for some reason.   Case in point John De F'lop-o.  Had Dalvin gashing the Pats D early and then just abandoned it.   Was that because Bill B is a genius or John D is a dodo bird?   He thus looks like a genius by comparison to the mass of coaching mediocrity out there.