Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treadwell over Thomas, Cook over Kamera
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"njvike" said:
LMAO!! 

The OP is simply pointing out FACTS......why do Viking fan's ALWAYS feel the need to defend L'il Ricky when a poster even appears to criticize the wunderkind's picks? Has he picked some good players? Yes. Has he picked (and made some hilariously bad trades in which to do so) BAD picks? Um, I don't know, you tell me. The team has won exactly TWO playoff games in his 13 seasons with the Vikings (12 running the draft). How the hell can ANYONE say that is SUCCESSFUL? 

I don't get into the minutiae of individual picks, it's all about how the TEAM performs that matter. Number of Pro Bowlers and how young the roster is means jack shit to me. RS has had 12 years with the Vikings and another 8 or so with the Bears and Dolphins as a personnel executive. That is MORE than enough of a track record to OBJECTIVELY judge Ricky on his teams' ACTUAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS. The ruling from this judge : He sucks and has gotta go.
So facts that you agree with are FACTS, but facts you disagree with are just excuses? 

I have issues with Spielman as well, but what did he do to you?  Leave you at the orphanage?  Steal your toys when you were 5?  Splash you on the sidewalk as he drove by in his Cadillac?
LOL!!! 

Um...WHAT facts do I disagree with? Seriously, what FACTS have I disagreed with??!

After 13 seasons, I'm done being excited that a 3rd round pick makes a Pro Bowl after 4 seasons. Who the fuck cares?  After 13 seasons running the personnel department, I expect more results than 2 playoff wins. If you want to jack-off to how many Pro Bowlers Ricky has drafted,  good on ya. By the way, Blair Walsh and Teddy Bridgewater are 2 of those "Pro Bowlers" (just off the top of my head), so that title has reaaaaaaaly lost a lot of luster the past decade, as more and more true stars pass on the game and let the 8th and 9th place finishers get a chance to participate. Just qualifying these "facts" for ya!! 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
Quote:
@"greediron" said:
@"njvike" said:
LMAO!! 

The OP is simply pointing out FACTS......why do Viking fan's ALWAYS feel the need to defend L'il Ricky when a poster even appears to criticize the wunderkind's picks? Has he picked some good players? Yes. Has he picked (and made some hilariously bad trades in which to do so) BAD picks? Um, I don't know, you tell me. The team has won exactly TWO playoff games in his 13 seasons with the Vikings (12 running the draft). How the hell can ANYONE say that is SUCCESSFUL? 

I don't get into the minutiae of individual picks, it's all about how the TEAM performs that matter. Number of Pro Bowlers and how young the roster is means jack shit to me. RS has had 12 years with the Vikings and another 8 or so with the Bears and Dolphins as a personnel executive. That is MORE than enough of a track record to OBJECTIVELY judge Ricky on his teams' ACTUAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS. The ruling from this judge : He sucks and has gotta go.
So facts that you agree with are FACTS, but facts you disagree with are just excuses? 

I have issues with Spielman as well, but what did he do to you?  Leave you at the orphanage?  Steal your toys when you were 5?  Splash you on the sidewalk as he drove by in his Cadillac?
I would  guess that jersey's girlfriend is still comparing him to her one night with rick back in college.... or perhaps it was his mother,  really hard to say for sure...

(whitty sheep remarks coming in 3....2....1....)
First, it's spelled "witty", dipshit.

Second, at least my sexual escapades remain within the human species. How're those sheep you've been buggerin'? Slapping the wool keeping your thighs warm?

Quote: @"njvike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"njvike" said:
LMAO!! 

LOL!!! 

Um...WHAT facts do I disagree with? Seriously, what FACTS have I disagreed with??!

After 13 seasons, I'm done being excited that a 3rd round pick makes a Pro Bowl after 4 seasons. Who the fuck cares?  After 13 seasons running the personnel department, I expect more results than 2 playoff wins. If you want to jack-off to how many Pro Bowlers Ricky has drafted,  good on ya. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
Quote:
@"greediron" said:
@"njvike" said:
LMAO!! 

I would  guess that jersey's girlfriend is still comparing him to her one night with rick back in college.... or perhaps it was his mother,  really hard to say for sure...

Second, at least my sexual escapades remain with the human species. How're those sheep you been buggerin'? Slapping the wool keeping your thighs warm?
your facination with sheep fornication makes me wonder about your life experiences, not enough to ask or even care,  but it certainly raises some questions about your past,  beyond what ever rick did with your girlfriend or mother.

Quote: @"njvike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"njvike" said:
LMAO!! 

LOL!!! 

After 13 seasons, I'm done being excited that a 3rd round pick makes a Pro Bowl after 4 seasons. Who the fuck cares?  After 13 seasons running the personnel department, I expect more results than 2 playoff wins. If you want to jack-off to how many Pro Bowlers Ricky has drafted,  good on ya. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
Quote:
@"greediron" said:
@"njvike" said:
LMAO!! 

Second, at least my sexual escapades remain with the human species. How're those sheep you been buggerin'? Slapping the wool keeping your thighs warm?
Pretty much my point.  Facts you like are FACTS!!!! and everything else is just shit you make up to argue about.  And you are the one to bring up probowlers, (were you ballot stuffing for Rodgers?)  I don't give a rats ass who is a probowler, I look at someone like Hunter and can see that guy is a great player.  And since you bring up the human species, I will just add that you have a broad definition of human since you must be including yourself.  Eh slappy? 

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Treadwell over Thomas was a huge miss. But Cleveland took Coleman, the Texans took Fuller, and the Redskins took Doctson as well. Cook is also a better all-around back than Kamara. Foles isn't even a question about evaluation since he was going to play for Pederson or retire. 

The point being is sure the Vikings have some misses due to the front office. But they also found Danielle Hunter in the 3rd round, Kendricks in the 2nd, Harris as a UDFA, Everson in the 4th, etc.. 

Compared to other teams the Vikings have hit more than they've missed. So be careful what you wish for. 

Oh, "Be careful what you wish for", the mantra of Spielman/Zimmer defense - translates as, "If you wish for a change you might get Les Frazier again," or simply, "We don't need to be the best, just make sure we aren't the worst".
"Hit more than they've missed" is a long debatable question for another time, but sticking to Treadwell for the moment: "Cleveland took Coleman, the Texans took Fuller, and the Redskins took Doctson"...yes, and those are ALL better than Treadwell!
                   Rec    Yds    TDs  (3-year career)
Coleman      61     789      5
Fuller          107   1561    14
Doctson      81     1100     8
Treadwell    56     517       1
Not saying any of those guys are All-Pros, but Fuller and Doctson are competent contributors with potential remaining and even Coleman was better (before injuries derailed him) than Treadwell.
But none of those were available when we picked, so now look at the next three WRs - not only Michael Thomas - picked after Treadwell:
Shepard      186    2219    14
Thomas       321    3787    23
Boyd           152     1856    10

There were 4 highly-ranked WRs available when Spielman picked Treadwell. He did not just fail to find the best of those, he found the WORST. It was a multiple-choice exam with 3 correct answers out of 4, and he picked the only wrong one.
Did you read what I wrote? I said that drafting Treadwell was a huge miss. With this logic Bill Belichick should have been out of a job in 2015. Dominique Easley & Malcolm Brown in the first round in back to back years.. my goodness. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"njvike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"njvike" said:
LMAO!! 

LOL!!! 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
Quote:
@"greediron" said:
@"njvike" said:
LMAO!! 

Pretty much my point.  Facts you like are FACTS!!!! and everything else is just shit you make up to argue about.  And you are the one to bring up probowlers, (were you ballot stuffing for Rodgers?)  I don't give a rats ass who is a probowler, I look at someone like Hunter and can see that guy is a great player.  And since you bring up the human species, I will just add that you have a broad definition of human since you must be including yourself.  Eh slappy? 
LMFAO!!!

You STILL didn't answer my QUESTION, Skippy.

Exactly WHAT FACTS did I DISAGREE WITH? Specifically.

Your statement and claim, back it up with proof, limpdick.

Rodgers?! Hunter?! WTF do either of those players have to do with Ricky's epic run of Vikings playoff futility? 

Has Saint Richard selected some good/great players? Of course, and I have stated so numerous times. But the TEAM RESULTS OUTWEIGH the occasional great (or, LUCKY) selections. I would have little problem giving you 3 examples of failure for every "hit" that you can list for Ricky (Patterson counts for 4 wasted picks, Gerhart for 2, etc) but I don't want to waste my time trying to educate someone like you who chooses to DELIBERATELY ignore the actual ACCOMPLISHMENTS  of the Minnesota Vikings the past 13 YEARS, and instead focuses on meaningless shit like who made  the Pro Bowl, or how Player X was worse than the Vikings selection of player Y. 

I don't want to HEAR about how the 2019 Vikings will make/win the Super Bowl next year.....SHOW US. Very simple. Just DO IT and stfu about what you "want" to do.

ZImmer's very own quote from his 1st season : "DON'T TELL ME ABOUT THE LABOR, SHOW ME THE BABY"

Well, Mikey, in 5 years, one fucking miracle home playoff win ain't much  of a baby, it's more like an afterbirth. And your boss'  "2 in 13" is even WORSE.

You BOTH need to STFU and DELIVER. No one gives a rats ass
 if you win a SB with defense, offense or ST.

Play cover 2, or Press coverage. Ground and Pound or Run and Shoot. 4-3 or 3-4. West Coast Offense, or RPO.... IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER.

VIKINGS FANS NO LONGER CARE ABOUT THE STYLE POINTS! JUST FUCKING WIN! 

Have a nice evening everybody!

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
That's some sweet hindsight there. Why not go straight to not being smart enough to trade up for Mahomes?

Because we needed Pat Elflein, Jaleel Johnson, Rodney Adams, Danny Isidora, Bucky Hodges, Stacy Coley, Ifeadi Odenigbo, Elijah Lee and Jack Tocho. You can't ever give up that kind of value. Confused 

I get that it was sarcasm, but spit balling what we would have missed out on with hindsight... big deal. Not like stockpiling these late round picks is helping much. 

I don't even really understand how other teams even make it to the Super Bowl when we have the only GM in the league that can identify talent...
But don't you have to pick the "Pat Elflein, Jaleel Johnson, Rodney Adams, Danny Isidora, Bucky Hodges, Stacy Coley, Ifeadi Odenigbo, Elijah Lee and Jack Tocho." of the world to get to the Danielle Hunters, Adam Theilen, Stephon Diggs, Jayron Kerse's of the world?
Nobody ever bats 1000.  Heck nobody ever bats .333.  They barely bat .250.  The draft is as much about luck as it is about scouting.  After the 2nd round or you could argue the 3rd round the chances of making an NFL roster after 4 years is next to nothing.  This isn't just for the Vikings this is NFL wide.