Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stef staying with Vikes??? Browns hire their coach
In terms of his age, what I was saying is that I like the steelers model where they stick with a coach for a LONG time. Zim's age isn't really going to allow for that. I don't see him sticking in as a head coach for that much longer actually. 

Personally I am not really in love with his defense anymore.  Sure we rank high on Defense... But with how we've drafted we very well better rank high on that side of the ball. 

I think he struggles against younger OC's. I think he thinks he can game plan against them the same way he does against any team. And I think it shows his philosophy on his own team's offense as well. Is that why he seems to have issues with his OC's as well? I'd bet that that's why we have many problems on the offensive side of the ball. He wants an offense to run a certain way and that way isn't what the league rewards in terms of penalties - or non-penalties.

I want him to work out but save for a miracle against NO last year we don't have much to show for his tenure here. Fun games. Interesting seasons. But the buck has to stop somewhere. Him and Spielman are the ones in my opinion that are most responsible. 

Yes, they are most responsible.  But excluding the miracle?  Shit, that was one of the best memories I have as a Viking fan.  Next maybe we should take away Peterson's long runs when figuring his average gain.
I don't think he struggles.  Last year they shut down the Rams completely.  Decimated them.  This year McVay had some extra sauce for the game against us.  And the beautiful thing about that, over the D struggled mightily, Zimmer adjusted midseason.  Fixed the problem and the D played lights out the rest of the way.  NO, NE, Seattle, Packers... And some of those were on the road.  In game, in season kick ass adjustments.

Bottom line for me.  I enjoy watching Vikings football.  THat is what it is, entertainment.  I know that I will likely end up disappointed with the finish because only one team isn't.  Our offense struggled down the stretch, but I still could enjoy watching the D.  And with a decent offseason, I think the O will rebound nicely.