Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Rick and Zim's Seats Getting Warm?
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
I think the shelf life of NFL coaches with a team is shorter these days and Zimmer might be passing his window here. They used to get 3, even 4 years of patience through losing records to "build their team" and then a couple more years to make the playoffs, another year to win a playoff game, then contend... But now owners see coaches like Dan Quinn, Sean McVay, Anthony Lynn, and maybe Matt Nagy come in and field contenders within 2 years. Zimmer did win in his 2nd season, but he has been in a bad-year/good-year/bad/good/bad pattern and if the narrative is now, "need another season or so to bring the offense up to the same level as the defense", that's really frustrating.
But I don't think anyone is getting fired after this season (unless they totally collapse). Spielman can spin the idea that Cousins needed a year to get comfortable here and that now he really, honestly, I-swear-Mr-Wilf, GETS the notion that he needs to build up the OL through FA and the draft. If the Vikings are mediocre again in 2019 - especially if Cousins looks like a mistake - I think Spielman will be done. Most likely Zimmer with him because new GMs want their own coach...though Zimmer could get treated like John Fox, with a new GM that ignores him, drafts for the following year, lets Zimmer take the blame for a bad season that earns a high draft pick, and THEN fire Zimmer.
Just for reference.  A bad Zimmer year is just NFL medicore at 7-9 or 8-8.  It's not like the Frazier era where bad meant 3-13 or 5-10-1.

Totally true and it makes me hesitant to change. We were unhappy with Denny Green "only" making the playoffs 8 of his 10 seasons, and went into a 13-year abyss. But...

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
LOL... we are such a spoiled bunch.

No: spoiled means getting what you want almost always. Patriots fans are spoiled.
Vikings fans are teased: getting close to, but NEVER receiving, a championship.
I agree.
When evaluating a job performance you compare it to the one who got fired for doing a poor job? Set the bar higher then that. 
I think they'll both be safe if the season doesn't unravel.  Then as the pattern has been. Next year Zim lights it up and looks like a genius again. I'm losing faith Zimmer will be good enough to spoil us even once. He's a good coach. Does good win championships?

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
Anyone who wants Zim gone are over reacting IMO.   Continuity is critical.  It's not like this team hasn't won the North 2 of the last 3 years or anything right?    Zim has had to deal with a ton of crazy stuff each year - and it seems like right before the year starts.   He has handled it well and kept the team focused and in most games.

They may make the playoffs this year still too.

If they do that will mean playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years and people want to clean house.  Laughable.
I agree on Zimmer,  however spielmans handling of some things has me wondering if his job shouldn't be in question.  He hasn't had a quality oline IMO his entire tenure,  some attempts haven't worked out,  but that really should make him want to double down on talent the next year but he just keeps assembling the bare minimum and trying to get by...he doesnt seem to learn from his mistakes.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"njvike" said:
Ah, yes, the 2 playoff wins since 2006 have been splendiferous. What a fool I've been to minimize those few hours of satisfaction and instead focus on the remaining 12 YEARS of continued mediocrity.

I feel ashamed that I am unhappy with those results.....what a spoiled person I am. 

I humbly apologize to TRUE fans like Sir James from the intellectual center of the universe, South Dakota. 

Please, oh wise one, instruct us lowly folk as to the PROPER way to achieve Purple Nirvana. 

We await your words of wisdom (after you finish diddling the sheep, of course).

Bless you!!
You could start by quit being such a dick and pulling your head out of your ass...feeling blessed yet you asshole?

Seriously,  your troll bit is beyond old you cock sucking piece of shit.  You want to piss people off and push buttons to get a response to give your life a sense of accomplishment well congrats,  I have responded to your trolling,   I guess you can call today a win.

You see yourself as lowly folk...that's because you act like a piece of dog shit on here and that's how you get treated as a result.

You get off on belittling those that disagree with you  at a Jr high level and you want to talk about intellect?  You might want to rethink that strategy there Einstein .

And what is your facination with sheep?  You seem to like to bring up sheep quite a bit.  Perhaps there is a reason that they are fresh on your mind and why you are so angry.

Fuck off

LMAO!!! Right back atcha, you condescending, self-righteous asswipe.

You sure like to dish it out, but you can't take it, can ya, you sheep-buggering douche bag! 

YOU were the one who labeled ALL Vikings fans as spoiled. SMH. First off, who the fuck elected YOU the Commisioner of Vikings Fans? I sure dont recall seeing the ballot, and I know I'd rather elect one of the farm animals you routinely sodomize rather than you to that lofty position.

Second, you don't even understand how rude,  codescending and smarmy that statement is to begin with. A typical mid-west "passive-agressive" statement that drives the majority of the rest of the nation nuts. And I'm sure you'll defend it with another p-a standby, "that's not what I meant, but if YOU took it that way, it's on YOU, not me". LOL! Always the victim, right? A perfect Vikings fan...."we never get beaten, we only beat ourselves"! I think you confusing the games with your "alone time" in the shower.

Third, since you are blind to your hypocricy and rudeness, you actually doubled down by having the unmitigated audacity to tell a long time poster, who just happened to simply disagree with YOUR OPINION, to root for other  losing organizations and maybe then "see the light" that Vikings fans should be HONORED that we devote money, time, and most of all, emotional investment to this franchice. If THAT isn't the most pompous fucking declaration for a franchise with such a dismal playoff record, I sure as hell would like to see/hear the one that tops it.

In closing, I'll just say, why don't YOU root for the Vikings the way you want, and I'll do the same. 

YOU don't reference ME in your asinine posts or respond to my posts, and I'll afford you the same courtesy. OK?

I'll also sign off in the same manner that you did.

FUCK YOU. 

Happy Holidays!