Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Rick and Zim's Seats Getting Warm?
Alright. I've seen a few articles and posters today saying Zim should be gone after the year. Rick too.
I am generally in favor of continuity, but I do understand peoples' frustrations. We have a very talented roster that can't get over the hump. Not only that, but this season it's looking like we might not even get up to the hump. It's disappointing.
But you know what else is disappointing? Firing Denny Green and then having a carousel of bad coaching for decade after.
The grass isn't always greener.
MY TAKE:
Give Rick and Zim one more year to prove it. Throw everything we have into fixing the offensive line. Multiple high draft picks. FA money. Everything. Bring in a new OL coach if they want. See what this team can be with a bolstered OL.
If the team under-performs again, then reboot the FO. But I'd rather give Zimmer and Rick one year too many, then cut them a year too soon. It's entirely possible a new coach comes in and the existing players don't like him/her. Then we are really back to ground zero. Or it could work out great. Just don't know. But like I said, I lean conservatively on these things.
But then again I also still think we have a chance to win the NFCN this year so maybe I'm just a rube. What do you guys think?

I think you are a rube,  but I agree with most of what you said.... so whats that make me?

Zim imo gets another year regardless,  Rick is on my shit list so it wont take many more games like last night for me to say fire him.  he has botched the OL for years,  some isnt his fault due to injuries,  but the lack of quality depth can certainly be put on him to some extent.  this offseason there needs to be a real commitment made to improving that unit both at the starters spots,  but also in finding some more /better depth for when the injury bug comes biting again. 

no way do I want to jump on the Cleveland Browns carousel.

Saur i think Z should be not only safe but fairly comfy. That said i dont know how much say he has in pesonnel.  from what pops said it doesnt sound like enough.  I like speilly, but we should not have pinned our hopes of an adequate oline on Nick @*#%-ing Easton being healthy all year

I believe the NFL is going a different direction than Zim is custom to. It has passed him by.

Now to Rick, either we have a talented team or we don't.
I lean towards we have on paper a very talented team. Rick should get the credit.

Yes the Oline sucks, Why do we draft a DB high every year? 
Was it Rick, or was it Rick doing what Zim wanted.

Quote: @"holmanjp" said:
I believe the NFL is going a different direction than Zim is custom to. It has passed him by.

Now to Rick, either we have a talented team or we don't.
I lean towards we have on paper a very talented team. Rick should get the credit.

Yes the Oline sucks, Why do we draft a DB high every year? 
Was it Rick, or was it Rick doing what Zim wanted.
because the league is going to a passing game and quality DBs are very hard to find so when you see one you better get one since there are usually at least 3 on the field for every snap and they alone can change a game in todays NFL.  Corners are getting harder to find IMO with the way the league pushes for arena type scoring.

Quote: @"holmanjp" said:
I see this so often and have no idea why people think that.  His D is still very good no matter how much the NFL rules favor the offense.  Zim is a great coach.  The offense struggling, the QB having an off night isn't on Zim. 

I think we have seen the ceiling for what this group can attain. This year or bust. All kinds of talent on this team. But their decisions contibually hamstring us.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"holmanjp" said:
I see this so often and have no idea why people think that.  His D is still very good no matter how much the NFL rules favor the offense.  Zim is a great coach.  The offense struggling, the QB having an off night isn't on Zim. 
The defense is not the problem like greediron said.  How many points to the defense give up last night?  19 points, should be enough for any offense to overcome.  The offense had an awful night and like so many, including myself, have said over and over the OL sucks.  Really don't think that's Zimmer's fault. 

Not sure how you can say the the game has passed Zim by, they won 13 games last year and even though they haven't played that well this season they would be in the playoffs if they started tomorrow.  

Zim = no, not this year
Slick Rick = id be interested in trying a new approach but we have done dang well on low level draft picks and bringing in FAs.