Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell gets a vacation
Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
I applaud Bell for taking this bold move.
The Steelers really grind up backs with all those touches and do not really want to pay beyond one year.

Connor already has 230 carries & receptions thru 8 games.

Bell would have had to carry that load if he was playing.
I think most fans only look at the 14 mil plus he turned down this year and use the same line of he will never get it back.

Bell won’t get back that money but maybe being able to walk without pain later in life is worth it?
The issue is that the Steelers wanted to use him up and spit him out.
Now they are doing it to Connor.
Bell will get a decent deal from a team that probably is not going to give him over 400 touches.
You give a player that many touches and they ain't gonna last long.

Interesting perspective, but isn't a large number of carries just what comes with being a "feature back" - which is a prerequisite for getting a huge contract? Todd Gurley has 238 touches, Ezekiel Elliott and Kareem Hunt have over 200. Some feature backs might have 20% less than Conner, but it's not as if the Steelers are double the typical workload. If Bell wants half the number of touches - like Latavius Murray with 210 so far - he's going to be making a lot less.
No, RBs don't last long. Leveon should have been a QB if he wanted a long NFL career.

piss on him if he wants minimal touches---give him minimal pay.  No way in hell would I want this puke on my team.  Late in the game down 5---he runs out of bounds because he doesn't want to take the hit going for the first down

What if cousins decided to shut it down saying he wasn't getting enough blocking by his oline

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I bet next year Bell blows an ACL or an Achilles or
something shortly after he signs his new contract, just to double down on the
trainwreck factor.
You mean kinda like Earl Thomas? I bet Earl Thomas wishes he had stayed out.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
I applaud Bell for taking this bold move.
The Steelers really grind up backs with all those touches and do not really want to pay beyond one year.

Connor already has 230 carries & receptions thru 8 games.

Bell would have had to carry that load if he was playing.
I think most fans only look at the 14 mil plus he turned down this year and use the same line of he will never get it back.

Bell won’t get back that money but maybe being able to walk without pain later in life is worth it?
The issue is that the Steelers wanted to use him up and spit him out.
Now they are doing it to Connor.
Bell will get a decent deal from a team that probably is not going to give him over 400 touches.
You give a player that many touches and they ain't gonna last long.

Except didn't they offer him a multi year deal at some point through all this shit and he said he wanted more money per year and then they upped the money but  lowered the length of the deal?  The Steelers are playing it smart and it's bell imo that is being the dip shit.   imo this isn't about quality of life,  this is about a dumb ass being to proud to fold when his bluff is called and pushing all in with a 7-2 off suit.  Almost No way he comes out a winner from this.