Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Anyone have a DIY home security system?
We need a picture of that dog, @JimmyinSD

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
with or without the above mentioned accessories?  :p

Curry is actually  an awesome dog,  wicked smart and has a very intimidating bark,  but I would trust her with anybody and anybodies kid,  she is super gentle and tolerant of kids,  but if something isnt right,  that reddish yellow hair stands up and she will put the fear of God in the devil himself.  perfect farm dog except she thinks she is a cow sometimes and jumps up  in the feed bunks with the cattle and eats grain with them.... that and she is scared of the bulls and the longhorns.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
my 115# Lab/pyranese cross and 9mm semi auto with and 18 round clip with my 12GA pump as back up.  we also have game cameras all over the place,  but they arent really a proactive device.

... those are mounted to the dog, right? ... touch a couple buttons on the app and you activate the camera assisted manual control... great for vacations.
well she loves to travel!  she is a bit of a shedder though so she no longer gets to rid in the cab with us,  its in the pick up box or she stays home.  I guess we do have a jumbo carrier that fits in the back of the car but she hates it so we rarely bring her anywhere but the other farm or to the lake.  I have been looking for a topper for my pickup to see if she would like that and then we could take her anywhere.

Does using a VPN mess with these devices?  I have been concerned with my home network security and have been beefing that up.  I have issues with cloud based apps and have to turn the VPN off, ie work and school systems.  Haven't worried much about the home perimeter, the big lab thing is true.  The comments about labs are right on, they are calm till something messes with one of their pack, then it's all in.  She does bark pretty much anytime stranger comes up, then is quick to make friends.  Had a laugh this summer when a dude from work came by to pick me up for golf, he started walking up the driveway and the dog and I were in the garage, she took off barking right at him, I yelled "Nutsack, Nelle, Nutsack", guy about crapped himself.  Made a few bucks that day, worked better than asking if he inhales, exhales or holds his breath on his backstroke when putting. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: yva01uad5oj8.jpg]