Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My impression is this roster is almost set....
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Obviously, they aren't going in with 5 RBs, but otherwise I think its close to being set or they would have made some moves by now. 
I have been thinking about whether the decision to keep 5 RBs is somehow connected to McKinnon's injury.  Vikes play SF in the first game and it might be strategic to keep a back from joining SF this week with some of the game plan already put into place and SF needing a back to replace McKinnon on the roster.  .... Then I realized I am just overanalyzing everything.

The cut that surprised me was Odenigbo.

I still think Sendejo is trade bait. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm pretty tickled Hill and Downs made the roster...
Ditto...especially Downs. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Downs fell to the 7th mainly because of injuries...  If he's healthy, this guy could be a potential starter down the road.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Downs fell to the 7th mainly because of injuries...  If he's healthy, this guy could be a potential starter down the road.
If we lose Barr, I see Downs as a two down at MLB, and Kendricks to the outside...Or maybe Wilson...we'll just have to see...

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
Obviously, they aren't going in with 5 RBs, but otherwise I think its close to being set or they would have made some moves by now. 
I have been thinking about whether the decision to keep 5 RBs is somehow connected to McKinnon's injury.  Vikes play SF in the first game and it might be strategic to keep a back from joining SF this week with some of the game plan already put into place and SF needing a back to replace McKinnon on the roster.  .... Then I realized I am just overanalyzing everything.

The cut that surprised me was Odenigbo.
I was thinking the same re Roc Thomas and McKinnon's injury. May be a stretch but who knows. Odenigbo's cut surprised me, too.  I would have cut Ant Harris first. He is our 4th best safety; only Kearse is worse. And Kearse is really good on STs. 

Well, I don't know if it is Sendejo, which would make sense, but some DB on the roster is trade bait.