Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My impression is this roster is almost set....
Obviously, they aren't going in with 5 RBs, but otherwise I think its close to being set or they would have made some moves by now. Cornelius Edison being cut was a surprise, otherwise that's really it. Didn't expect Beebe to make the roster. NT David Parry making it also not a surprise, perfect backup for Joseph. Iloka can get his #43 number now. 

Only so much to be done when offensive linemen are at such a premium in the NFL and the Vikings would have to give up something substantial in a trade for a substantial O line player in return. They are also dealing from a place of weakness in a trade scenario, teams know this and are asking probably too much.

My first thought...how much do they love Coley...I'm thinking they keep 5 backs until they are certain Cook can shoulder his load, which I hope is a 60/40 split with Murray to start...color me naive, but I thought BRob was a lock after the redo...the more I think about it, the less I like the move...slightly concerned about Newman retiring but I wouldn't be surprised if he's back on the roster before the ink on his retirement papers is dry...

once he acceted coaching job, NFL rules dont allow him to play this year. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
My first thought...how much do they love Coley...I'm thinking they keep 5 backs until they are certain Cook can shoulder his load, which I hope is a 60/40 split with Murray to start...color me naive, but I thought BRob was a lock after the redo...the more I think about it, the less I like the move...slightly concerned about Newman retiring but I wouldn't be surprised if he's back on the roster before the ink on his retirement papers is dry...
Word is they really love Coley and his upside.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
They really must because he was pretty invisible this preseason (granted I still haven't seen all the games yet)

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
They really must because he was pretty invisible this preseason (granted I still haven't seen all the games yet)
Iirc he only played in the first game,  was injured ever since.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Iirc he only played in the first game,  was injured ever since.
Yep, in that context its amazing that he has a roster spot. His athleticism is top shelf however and playmaking ability is way above where he was drafted. So I get that part, but to both of your points, its still very unique.

I'm pretty tickled Hill and Downs made the roster...

I will miss BRob and Newman. Glad Terrance is hanging around to help the young guys. Both these guys are class and represented the Vikings well. It's easy and comfortable to want to stay with guys you've known and trusted. New guys have to earn that trust with me. Both on the field and how they represent themselves as Vikings away from it. Youth and change are necessary to a team. Even if it's uncomfortable to us guys who are slow to change. Wonder if they can find a spot on the staff for BRob? After all coaches and assistants get rings to when you win it. These guy both deserve one.

Roster got younger for sure...Coley a surprise to me as well. They must like the upside there and with Zylstra too. Edison I thought was a lock, until they traded with the Giants. 

I am still holding out hope they make a "move" on acquiring one talented OL before the opener. Damn, a week away now.