Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's About 28 Teams Mike Hughes Could Start For
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I am wondering if all the hill hype might  be a bit premature.  He looks like he has a lot of potential,  but is still going to take some work before we could run him with the starters.
Well remember, this wasn't a 1st round talent. He was a projected 3rd or 4th rounder without the character issues. And I think that's exactly what he looks like. Got some serious size/speed upside, but he's going to need time. 
i had heard 2nd round before the deducts for character, but either way,  a couple weeks ago it was pretty over the top with news on him coming out of camp,   so far I see good physical traits,  good flow to the ball,  but his off coverage is pretty weak and that makes me wonder why they have him playing off,  can he cover or not?  he should make the team,  but he will need to show up on special teams to have that position locked.  some of these talented young guys will end up  getting exposed to waivers,  but Zim loves corners and will likely not want to risk losing this project.

Hughes, Alexander, Harris, Jaleel, Holmes, Weatherly, Odenigbo, Wilson, Downs...there are some real finds in this 2nd unit D. 

I'm super excited about Wilson and Downs especially. LB depth was a legit concern in the spring. Looks pretty good now. 

Glad it's not my job to say who stays who goes.  I have a feeling we are saying good bye to a few vets at cut down time,  and surely we fans are not going to be happy,  but sacrifices will he made to ensure a solid roster is left after this year.

Kinda makes me sick to say BRob may not make the cut.  Not that he isn't top 3 DE,  but to lose one of these younger guys with more of a future doesn't sound good either.  I'm hoping they can find a way to keep him around but it's a feeling I've been having.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Glad it's not my job to say who stays who goes.  I have a feeling we are saying good bye to a few vets at cut down time,  and surely we fans are not going to be happy,  but sacrifices will he made to ensure a solid roster is left after this year.

Kinda makes me sick to say BRob may not make the cut.  Not that he isn't top 3 DE,  but to lose one of these younger guys with more of a future doesn't sound good either.  I'm hoping they can find a way to keep him around but it's a feeling I've been having.
I will be baffled if they cut B-Rob. He is much more than just his on field ability. I understand it will be tough cutting one of the younger players but it is still about making the best 53 man roster and B-Rob should be on that list.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

Robison would shock me; we have more DL depth now, but Zimmer still loves system knowledge and experience. Odenigbo complicated the matter last night (though Arune is out of the equation). Didn't Pops say something to the effect that Richardson signing was bad for Brian? Maybe...

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Robison would shock me; we have more DL depth now, but Zimmer still loves system knowledge and experience. Odenigbo complicated the matter last night (though Arune is out of the equation). Didn't Pops say something to the effect that Richardson signing was bad for Brian? Maybe...
The Richardson signing was bad for 2 reasons.  1 was it meant they would be scraping the barrel for cash and making loyal vets in their last year's take pay cuts is what this team does,  and once again did to Brian.  2 - Richardson won't be coming off the field on passing situations which gave BROB more opportunities in the past when he would kick inside and or stand up and play a LB role.

Yes BROB is much more than his own production,  but when they are weighing this year vs the future will that be enough?  I sure hope so.