Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowherd: Vikings most likely NFC playoff team to take a step back
If you look at Zimmers entire tenure here, and all the things that have gone wrong, and then you look at the outcomes which is near .500 during the worst of times, and playoff bound during the less bad times.  We are strongly resilient.  I do think Keenum was definitely lucky alot, but I don't think you can transfer that over to Cousins.  I think Cousins has the potential for bone headed, game losing plays, but you're going to get a much higher floor out of him than you got with Keenum.  I think the Rams and Panthers (Norv!) are the biggest risks for taking a step backward in the NFC.  It will be interesting to see what happens to the Eagles with Wentz coming off an ACL and them losing their OC and QB coach.  Who was the most important part of their offensive brain trust?  Will Wentz be hesitant to be as mobile as he was last year?

Quote: @"medaille" said:
If you look at Zimmers entire tenure here, and all the things that have gone wrong, and then you look at the outcomes which is near .500 during the worst of times, and playoff bound during the less bad times.  We are strongly resilient.  I do think Keenum was definitely lucky alot, but I don't think you can transfer that over to Cousins.  I think Cousins has the potential for bone headed, game losing plays, but you're going to get a much higher floor out of him than you got with Keenum.  I think the Rams and Panthers (Norv!) are the biggest risks for taking a step backward in the NFC.  It will be interesting to see what happens to the Eagles with Wentz coming off an ACL and them losing their OC and QB coach.  Who was the most important part of their offensive brain trust?  Will Wentz be hesitant to be as mobile as he was last year?
exaclty,  while KC isnt a statue back there,  he will take some sacks that Case was able to wiggle away from so there will be a drop in production from those plays,  but Case missed a lot of yards by putting the ball in a bad place or simply not throwing the ball to some locations on the field so we should be more explosive there.  I am expecting a nice boost from the QB spot,  but not a complete upgrade in all aspects of the position.

And now, from the other side of his mouth...

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/7/10/...ta-vikings

Well what do all sports talk show hosts do? Blather to fill the air waves and their show time hours. They don't more than the man on the moon. Let the season play out and we'll see how it ends.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
And now, from the other side of his mouth...

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/7/10/...ta-vikings
Ha ha. Yes, he's liked Minnesota last year. Said their roster is the 3rd most talented in the NFL. Loved the Cousins signing. And then this latest take.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I'll say this: New Orleans has a killer schedule. If they win 11+ games, watch out. 
They're already watch-out imo...

Eagles, Vikings, Saints then Rams are my top 4 NFC teams. Each capable of beating the other on a given Sunday. 

Homefield CRITICAL for us this post-season - and yes, I am already counting on post-season b4 pre-season lol! 

Quote: @"Purplemachine" said:
Well what do all sports talk show hosts do? Blather to fill the air waves and their show time hours. They don't more than the man on the moon. Let the season play out and we'll see how it ends.
Yep, Colin is just doing his job of stirring the pot and getting attention.  That is the job of all talking heads from political to sports.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I'll say this: New Orleans has a killer schedule. If they win 11+ games, watch out. 
I really think NO is a team that will fall back. Brees was showing intermittent signs of decline (no, not in our playoff game) and those will increase. They got a burst from a good rookie class, but will they be as good the second time around the league? Kamara was great last year but was inconsistent in college, especially with ball security. And their schedule is going to be much harder this year.