Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word Association round seven
Since my 1st thought, IR isn't really a word.
Smart
Got out before he was IR'd  for good.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Well, Smith hurt a ton but so did Steussie getting beat before the 1/2, Randall pissing down his own leg the second 1/2, Cunningham badly over-throwing a wide open Moss for a td in OT, Anderson wide left and what about Robert Griffith dropping a sure interception in the end-zone too?

Ugh, nightmare of a perfect storm...
Except for wide left, I think I've suppressed all of that. One of these days I'm going to have to actually sit down and watch that game. I was at the game and have never seen it on TV. 
You and me both...I've never watch 12 seconds of that game. Won't ever either. 

Quote: @RS Express said:
@purplefaithful said:
Well, Smith hurt a ton but so did Steussie getting beat before the 1/2, Randall pissing down his own leg the second 1/2, Cunningham badly over-throwing a wide open Moss for a td in OT, Anderson wide left and what about Robert Griffith dropping a sure interception in the end-zone too?

Ugh, nightmare of a perfect storm...
Add in Cunningham fumbling before the half setting up an Atlanta TD.  And even after wide left, the Vikings were still up 7.  The loss is mostly on the defense.  They had one job: don't give up a TD.  They blew it.

And as for the word association: whoosh
The 98 defense was tested maybe once that season...You saw the result unfortunately.  The Sheriff knew offense but couldn't field a very good D most of his tenure here. 

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Smooth

Robert is one of my favorite players of all time. He was so smooth, sometimes you didnt realize how fast he was.
’98 was 20 years ago, let it go. He was a great RB.

+1