Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explaining why Stefon Diggs would be very hard to replace
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:
I feel pretty secure in our offense, as a whole, stepping up with Cousins, the returning Cook, and our proven receiving corps.  If Flip is even vaguely capable as an OC, he'll have a field day with the tools the Vikings provide.  This may be the best Vikings team ever assembled, and I'm not just saying that for effect.

Cousins has a TON to live up to, but if he does...I wouldn't worry much about facing any team in the league.
If they play to potential, stay healthy? I agree that on paper this team is pretty damn good. Just wish I could grab that OL from 98 and put it on the 18 team. 

What's crazycrazy sad,  is the salary cap has exploded and still no team can get an entire roster to buy into a team first concept.  If every player agreed to take a 10% cut or so off of the top of their position when they resigned to stay together,   the roster would be stacked including an oline and the festivities would never end.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:
I feel pretty secure in our offense, as a whole, stepping up with Cousins, the returning Cook, and our proven receiving corps.  If Flip is even vaguely capable as an OC, he'll have a field day with the tools the Vikings provide.  This may be the best Vikings team ever assembled, and I'm not just saying that for effect.

Cousins has a TON to live up to, but if he does...I wouldn't worry much about facing any team in the league.
If they play to potential, stay healthy? I agree that on paper this team is pretty damn good. Just wish I could grab that OL from 98 and put it on the 18 team. 

There some question marks that will be very interesting to get answered.  Can Cousins replicate the success from last year?  Will the O line hinder the team’s success.  Can Flip fill those shoes?  Can Cook stay healthy for the entire season?  It is going to be fun.

This is a really good listen if you have the time. 

Quote: @Poiple said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:

There some question marks that will be very interesting to get answered.  Can Cousins replicate the success from last year?  Will the O line hinder the team’s success.  Can Flip fill those shoes?  Can Cook stay healthy for the entire season?  It is going to be fun.
It is going to be fun. But what I put in bold in your quote is my biggest concern.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Poiple said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:

It is going to be fun. But what I put in bold in your quote is my biggest concern.
The concern that never goes away for the past 10 years. 

Quote: @Zanary said:

I thinknow it is the  most  gifted team   best coached team  the Vikings have ever had  the  biggest weakness is a average olive and possible  lb depth

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@Zanary said:

I thinknow it is the  most  gifted team   best coached team  the Vikings have ever had  the  biggest weakness is a average olive and possible  lb depth
Yep...but I've never seen a team with no weaknesses, so...this could be the squad.  We'll find out.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Poiple said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:

I am pretty much with you.  I tend to believe that an above average O line is a near requirememt to make it to the dance much less win it.  I think Rick blew the draft and hasnt found a way to make up for it.  To me it looks like a Denny Green year unless Cousns becomes Marino.

I think the offensive lin has potential to be average.  and that is all we need with this roster.  the key will be health and figuring out the right tackle and guard spots.  if we can get 5 healthy guys playing all year we will be a force in the playoffs.

Well keeping 5 guys healthy hasnt worked well for them in the past and doing average works well to get them into the playoffs but then the competition gets tougher.  But we can all hope that they can defy all of the odds.