Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former NFL receiver Don Beebe hopes son Chad can follow Thielen’s footsteps
Quote: @dadevike said:
Counting Beebe, I think we had at least 3 guys at last week's rookie camp looking to be the next Thielen. I think it is a compliment to Thielen and recognizes the long odds he had to overcome to get to where he is now. But it does also seem to downplay his athleticism and talent.  I'm sure he does not mind.
thats what I was thinking,  The kid from up by Fargo that played in the CFL,  the Minnesota/SDSU kid,  and this Beebe.

When you wear the Purple 84 you've got way larger footsteps to follow than Adam Thielen...

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
When you wear the Purple 84 you've got way larger footsteps to follow than Adam Thielen...
That connection is gone,  never forgotten  but for the most part gone.  No point in any kid trying to earn that number as that bar is likely just to high.  

Kids need to go out there and do them,  not what  they think anybody else would expect them to be.

Lots of feel good stories but only so many opening day roster spots. Most of these guys will be released, but ideally a few make the practice squad. Long odds.

This is the highest compliment to Adam Thielen. It's an inspiring story. And every game some commentator mentions the $500 scholarship and the fact that he is from Detroit Lakes lol. And of course, Minnesota State University Mankato. I wish Chad the best. 

Quote: @NodakViking said:
I'll settle for a special teams ace like his old man....
I think you may be thinking of Steve Tasker.