Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former NFL receiver Don Beebe hopes son Chad can follow Thielen’s footsteps
When Don Beebe’s son Chad was growing up, the long-time NFL wide receiver didn’t push his boy to follow in dad’s footsteps.
Don didn’t show his famous play on Leon Lett in the Super Bowl on a loop. He told Chad that it was fine if he didn’t like sports. But it turns out that football was just in Chad’s DNA.
On Monday, the Vikings announced they signed Chad Beebe after a tryout during rookie minicamp last weekend.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...footsteps/

Everyone wants to follow Thielen's footsteps now...That list will double after AT's next contract lol! 

I would have to imagine that kid is about as technically sound as they come,  IIRC his dad wasnt the biggest, strongest, etc,  but got in and out of breaks as crisp as any and got his head around and hands up really well on the quick hitters.  Never hurts to have plenty of good players to choose from,  but I would say he has a tall hill to climb,  likely much higher that AT did considering how much better we are at the position now than we were when AT started his climb.

I'll settle for a special teams ace like his old man....

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I would have to imagine that kid is about as technically sound as they come,  IIRC his dad wasnt the biggest, strongest, etc,  but got in and out of breaks as crisp as any and got his head around and hands up really well on the quick hitters.  Never hurts to have plenty of good players to choose from,  but I would say he has a tall hill to climb,  likely much higher that AT did considering how much better we are at the position now than we were when AT started his climb.
His dad was unbelievably fast. Beebs was a blur. Anyone know about the son’s speed? 

Quote: @dadevike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
His dad was unbelievably fast. Beebs was a blur. Anyone know about the son’s speed? 
No offense but why not click on the article it says this. His dad ran 4.21 (most likely hand timed) Chad ran a 4.47. It is not impossible for him to be effective but it is highly unlikely. Am I the only one annoyed with how all these White WRs are being compared to Thielen? People under-rate how athletic Thielen really is and how tall he is (6'2"). 

Quote: @matt4787 said:
@dadevike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
No offense but why not click on the article it says this. His dad ran 4.21 (most likely hand timed) Chad ran a 4.47. It is not impossible for him to be effective but it is highly unlikely. Am I the only one annoyed with how all these White WRs are being compared to Thielen? People under-rate how athletic Thielen really is and how tall he is (6'2"). 
I am betting AT is honored to have himself be the new benchmark for a white receiver in the league.  Not that it needs to be a race thing,  but it seems to come to that quite often,  but if people insist on measuring pale faced recievers up agaisnt a know high benchmark....well that's kind of a compliment IMO.

Quote: @matt4787 said:
@dadevike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I think most of this stems from the long odds AT had before he "made it" vs color...But there is no denying thats out there too. 

Counting Beebe, I think we had at least 3 guys at last week's rookie camp looking to be the next Thielen. I think it is a compliment to Thielen and recognizes the long odds he had to overcome to get to where he is now. But it does also seem to downplay his athleticism and talent.  I'm sure he does not mind.