Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings' roster is strong; some tough decisions coming up ...
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Zylstra is going to suffer from exactly what Treadwell has: the I'm-too-slow-to-get-openitis. The CFL has a much bigger playing surface and the ability to have forward motion before and at the snap of the ball by WRs. Big advantages. 

The WRs are going to be Diggs-Thielen-Wright-Treadwell and more than likely Coley. I wish they'd cut Laquon but that won't happen with the cap hit it would take....I'd rather have Zylstra then Treadwell.

I was with you until your conclusion. If Zylstra won't be able to get open any better than Treadwell, why would you rather have him? With 2 years experience with the Vikings, Treadwell will know his routes better, probably be a better blocker, and know his role well on ST. He's more than 2 years younger than Zylstra, too.
A lot of people seem to be mad at Treadwell, like he tricked the Vikings into picking him in the first round. He didn't. Let's take that emotion out.
If Treadwell was getting starting snaps while Adam Thielen was on the bench, I would be ticked, too. But he's down the depth chart and the team brought in Kendall Wright so they don't even count on Treadwell contributing as #3 WR. I'm sure some on the team still hope he takes a big step forward, but you can't blame them after spending a high draft pick on Treadwell.
Because he's already proven more than Treadwell ever has. They are the same guy. Zylesta at least has caught some passes. He's ahead of Treadwell. He's a better #4...but we are talking #4s here. Going nowhere.
You are comparing CFL production to nfl production?  That's beyond laughable.
What's laughable is Treadwell being drafted in the first round. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Zylstra is going to suffer from exactly what Treadwell has: the I'm-too-slow-to-get-openitis. The CFL has a much bigger playing surface and the ability to have forward motion before and at the snap of the ball by WRs. Big advantages. 

The WRs are going to be Diggs-Thielen-Wright-Treadwell and more than likely Coley. I wish they'd cut Laquon but that won't happen with the cap hit it would take....I'd rather have Zylstra then Treadwell.

I was with you until your conclusion. If Zylstra won't be able to get open any better than Treadwell, why would you rather have him? With 2 years experience with the Vikings, Treadwell will know his routes better, probably be a better blocker, and know his role well on ST. He's more than 2 years younger than Zylstra, too.
A lot of people seem to be mad at Treadwell, like he tricked the Vikings into picking him in the first round. He didn't. Let's take that emotion out.
If Treadwell was getting starting snaps while Adam Thielen was on the bench, I would be ticked, too. But he's down the depth chart and the team brought in Kendall Wright so they don't even count on Treadwell contributing as #3 WR. I'm sure some on the team still hope he takes a big step forward, but you can't blame them after spending a high draft pick on Treadwell.
Because he's already proven more than Treadwell ever has. They are the same guy. Zylesta at least has caught some passes. He's ahead of Treadwell. He's a better #4...but we are talking #4s here. Going nowhere.

no that happened, and that has proven to be sad.   laughable is you thinking that CFL production is remotely comparable to the NFL.  Hell it could be argued that Treadwells college production out weighs anything that Zylestra has done in canada.

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

no that happened, and that has proven to be sad.   laughable is you thinking that CFL production is remotely comparable to the NFL.  Hell it could be argued that Treadwells college production out weighs anything that Zylestra has done in canada.
At least Zylestra was the #1 WRer in productivity in a professional league last season. It aint the NFL but neither is college. I'm comparing one guy that was at least productive as a WR in a pro league compared to the garbage we've seen from Treadwell, that's what I'm comparing. As I said, they both are probably not roster-worthy but I'd at least give Zylestra a shot if he shows anything over Treadwell. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

At least Zylestra was the #1 WRer in productivity in a professional league last season. It aint the NFL but neither is college. I'm comparing one guy that was at least productive as a WR in a pro league compared to the garbage we've seen from Treadwell, that's what I'm comparing. As I said, they both are probably not roster-worthy but I'd at least give Zylestra a shot if he shows anything over Treadwell. 
What makes the cfl a "professional" league because they got paid?  There are likely better paid players in the ncaa....the talent level is certainly higher and at least the rules and the game are pretty similar.  You can dog Treadwell all you want,  but let's not pretend that Zylestra is a better candidate to succeed than Treadwell because of anything he has done to date....hell wasn't MoBo tearing shit up in his pro league?  Should he have been kept over Treadwell?   Certainly not.

Likely if Zylstra shows decent he is kept over one of the other guys as a 5th or 6th receiver.

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

What makes the cfl a "professional" league because they got paid?  There are likely better paid players in the ncaa....the talent level is certainly higher and at least the rules and the game are pretty similar.  You can dog Treadwell all you want,  but let's not pretend that Zylestra is a better candidate to succeed than Treadwell because of anything he has done to date....hell wasn't MoBo tearing shit up in his pro league?  Should he have been kept over Treadwell?   Certainly not.

Likely if Zylstra shows decent he is kept over one of the other guys as a 5th or 6th receiver.
Mobo? Dude, that makes no sense. The CFL is full of American college players that have played college football. Mobo played in a German league and had never even played high school football. Its a silly comparison. And the CFL has a limited history of providing decent NFL talent....not many, but a few very notable additions. Treadwell stinks out loud. He's a waste of a roster spot. That's what he's proven so far. I've already stated ad nauseam that Treadwell isn't going anywhere because his cap dead money hit is for his full salary this season. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Mobo? Dude, that makes no sense. The CFL is full of American college players that have played college football. Mobo played in a German league and had never even played high school football. Its a silly comparison. And the CFL has a limited history of providing decent NFL talent....not many, but a few very notable additions. Treadwell stinks out loud. He's a waste of a roster spot. That's what he's proven so far. I've already stated ad nauseam that Treadwell isn't going anywhere because his cap dead money hit is for his full salary this season. 

This isnt about Treadwell,  this is about the absuRd comment on the CFL being some sort of comparable barometer of talent.

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

This isnt about Treadwell,  this is about the absuRd comment on the CFL being some sort of comparable barometer of talent.
Sigh. You are one stubborn dude. 

Quote: @"SDVikesFan" said:
Didn't Warren Moon play in the CFL before coming to the NFL?  Not saying this guy is any good, but I was trying to recall that one guy that did pretty good in the NFL after the CFL.
Perhaps one of the Joes (Kapp or Theisman).

Ricky Williams lol