Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too little too late ?
Disappointing to read from Spielman, quite honestly.

I never thought OL was the pick in the first, ... unless Nelson slipped about 25 spots. I preferred Jackson over Hughes but that's my amateur's opinion. I hope the Vikes have devoted more time to scouting these guys than I have. GB took Jackson so I hope our coaches are right.

Some here have decided the Vikings had to have Wynn or Hernandez and failing to get them meant the Vikings screwed up. I don't see it that way.  I agree with the position choice and I give them the benefit of the doubt in choosing Hughes over Jackson.

Well, it was surprising to me.  Most of the time you don't see that many C/Gs go in the first 5 picks of the 2nd round.  I was also surprised that Ragnow and Billy Price went in the first round as well.

Personally, I think those were all major reaches.  The only guy I was hoping we might trade up for was Connor Williams when he dropped to around the 49 or 50 range.

Man the packer fans are out in droves.  

That was painful to read. Ugh. Hopefully this will be a learning experience for the team. Considering they already have so much experience that's weird to say but it definitely seems like RS really didn't want to trade away any of next year's picks. I think that's a good thing, generally. He probably realizes how badly he needed this year's 4th.

Hopefully today can save us!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Disappointing to read from Spielman, quite honestly.
At least he's being honest.  Sometimes fans get mad about always having to listen to "coach-speak".  Well, no one can say that now.  

Considering how many teams had OL issues, it makes sense how the draft played out.

Crosby was sitting there for them in the 4th who would have been a good value. Then he trades up for a stupid kicker in the 5th when you already signed Forbath.  So yes there was a run, but Rick ignored other lineman who could have challenged for a starting spot on the line and add some depth. He has continued this disturbing trend during his tenure. 

Quote: @TBro said:
Crosby was sitting there for them in the 4th who would have been a good value. Then he trades up for a stupid kicker in the 5th when you already signed Forbath.  So yes there was a run, but Rick ignored other lineman who could have challenged for a starting spot on the line and add some depth. He has continued this disturbing trend during his tenure. 
I really dont understand it.  Maybe they are confident in the guys that they have and dont feel any line improvement is needed?  It seems to be the message they are sending.  

It will be interesting to see how the line does this year.  I think it will be the limiting factor.  While most of the fans will be complaining about the QB or the RB.  Business as usuall.