Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best move in free agency
Quote: @"Poiple" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Poiple" said:
That is a pretty surprising stat.  
With the return of Cook and the O line and the play calling here, I would be surprised if he makes 4k this year.  Not at all meant to be a knock on him.  I just dont think they are that vertical of a mindset here.
If he puts the ball on Diggs and Theilen in stride where Case was throwing pop flys or behind them he will have another 500 yards in YAC than what Case had.  We left a lot if yards and points on the field last year due to poor ball placement or weakly thrown balls.
 not drinking that Kool Aide my friend.
Not offering.. just laying down fact.  Case did not give our recievers good opportunitis for big plays and Kirks stronger arm should turn so of those league leading contested catches into big plays by putting the ball on the receiver in stride.

Quote: @"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Poiple" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Poiple" said:
With the return of Cook and the O line and the play calling here, I would be surprised if he makes 4k this year.  Not at all meant to be a knock on him.  I just dont think they are that vertical of a mindset here.
If he puts the ball on Diggs and Theilen in stride where Case was throwing pop flys or behind them he will have another 500 yards in YAC than what Case had.  We left a lot if yards and points on the field last year due to poor ball placement or weakly thrown balls.
Not offering.. just laying down fact.  Case did not give our recievers good opportunitis for big plays and Kirks stronger arm should turn so of those league leading contested catches into big plays by putting the ball on the receiver in stride.
Rushmore, you should study the difference between fact and opinion. smh..

@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Poiple" said:
@"RushmoreVike" said:
@"Poiple" said:
So the fact that the team led the league in contested catches means nothing to you in regards to ball placement.   Maybe you should quit smacking your head.

Its amusing to watch so many of you put two and two together and come up with 3.  

Its amusing to watch so many of you put two and two together and come up with 3.  
What's amusing is your blind loyalty to a mediocre armed qb.  You spoke of not drinking the koolaid...I think you drank to much of something and your recollections are pretty fuzzy.

It was pointed out by many all season that cases deep ball was pretty shitty and he was bailed out repeatedly by his receivers...but you go ahead and remember it however you want.

Have a good weekend.

A lot of people are enamored with Case's heroics, but I think a lot of those heroics only come because you see him bumping into his ceiling and needing to overcome his limitations.  I think with a better QB, the games will look more routine.  I'm not 100% convinced that Cousins is the guy that will get us a SB, but I do think his upgrade will be pretty obvious and I expect him to look through his entire progression and give Treadwell or whoever is their more targets.  I'd really like to see us go pick up Floyd for cheap or another receiving target to give Cousins a big selection of targets.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
This is the hope:
When you look at the dearth of offensive weapons surrounding Cousins in Washington, especially in 2017, you come away even more impressed. He hasn’t had a serious running game, no true number one receiver, and his offensive line has been less than ideal.
And that's a very exciting thing. I know I've been beating the "supporting cast" drum for a long long time about Teddy, Sam, Case, Derek, and just this morning about Dak...but if I'm right, if supporting cast is the single most important (and underrated) factor in evaluating a QB's success or failure in the NFL, then we're in for a helluva season. 

One thing I read recently that should give us even more reason to hope is the fact that Kyle Shanahan's plan in San Francisco was to get Kirk Cousins, not Jimmy G. Shanahan was Cousins' coach in DC.

John Lynch: “We made the trade, but then there were some days when Kyle Shanahan was, like, in mourning, because I think everybody knows his master plan was to have Kirk Cousins come in eventually...”

It's an opinion based in fact. I'm of the opinion that if we'd brought back Case Keenum, he would've played a lot like last year, which was pretty damn good. I'm convinced we would've returned to the playoffs. But those weak-armed throws and poor ball placement leading to contested catches would always be there inhibiting our confidence to take the offense to the next level. To get over the hump. To win a Super Bowl. 

I don't think that's just Rushmore's opinion, or mine, or whoever; it's pretty clear that it was the Vikings' opinion too. 

My fear was that the Viking brain trust would make a rash, poor decision based on stats or wins (like a previous regime did with Cunningham) and not dig deep into film and objective analysis. My hope was that this administration was smarter than that. That they would take their time with this.

Based on what we now know about Sam and Teddy and Case and Kirk, I think we made the best decision. Kirk Cousins is our quarterback. Case closed. 

go watch the tape, case left a ton of yards by staring into traffic and missing open players on the other side of the field. If Kirk has decent field vision (and hitting guys in stride), we will have a top 3 O