Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy Graham expected to sign with Packers
He’s definitely a red zone threat, though he seems to have lost a step since a serious patellar injury. His average yard per catch cratered like 5 yds per catch last season, he will turn 32 this season, let’s hope he pans out as well as last years big tight end acqusition for the fudge.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
Graham was supposed to be the next big thing.  Uncoverable.  But once he left NO, he was a nobody.  
A 6-time Pro Bowl nobody.  Look, I want this to be a failure as much as anyone else west of the St. Croix , but I don't think you're being fair here.

Graham's been in Seattle 3 years. The first year he was on IR. But he made the Pro Bowl both of his last two seasons. I know Pro Bowls are mostly meaningless, but he's still one helluva pass catching TE, especially in the red zone. I'd say he gives Rodgers the best receiving TE he's ever had. 
Pro-bowls are indeed meaningless.  It means he was once mentioned alot on sports center.  He was (past tense) a dynamic threat in the NO offense.  But NO decided a stud center was worth more than a stud TE.  And since that trade, NO and Seattle have crossed paths going in the opposite direction.  And yes, he was on IR and hasn't been the same since.

Let GB pay top dollar for a WR on the downslope of his career.  They dumped one WR on the downslope to pay another one big money.  Let them ignore the real problems and seek bandaids. 

Yes our D will have to defend him, he is playing in the NFL and isn't a nobody obviously, but I think they are stupid for overpaying for him.  Which is good.