Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John DeFelippo and play-calling optimization
Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pumpf" said:
If this guy is anything like his previous boss, he will be better than Shurmur... and that is exciting to think about (because Shurmur wasn't bad).
so when do we get to see Pumpf on the sidelines?  quality control for O-line? 
Actually, it recently occurred to me... that I was running the RPO offense back in 2011 (I came up with it on my own, although I wouldn't doubt if some college programs were also using it at that time).  I had forgotten that- mostly because I had a hard time selling it to my HC at the time.  The next season (with a new team) I was a defensive coordinator and have been ever since.  I did just get "promoted" in my current coaching gig... but (since it's HS and the HC is also coaching BB right now) I won't know for a month or 2 just what that means.  I may be calling plays again... but I don't know yet which side of the ball.
Pumpf that is so cool!  Do you have time to break down Viking games like Z and Zerk? i would love to get you anslysis of stuff.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pumpf" said:
If this guy is anything like his previous boss, he will be better than Shurmur... and that is exciting to think about (because Shurmur wasn't bad).
Actually, it recently occurred to me... that I was running the RPO offense back in 2011 (I came up with it on my own, although I wouldn't doubt if some college programs were also using it at that time).  I had forgotten that- mostly because I had a hard time selling it to my HC at the time.  The next season (with a new team) I was a defensive coordinator and have been ever since.  I did just get "promoted" in my current coaching gig... but (since it's HS and the HC is also coaching BB right now) I won't know for a month or 2 just what that means.  I may be calling plays again... but I don't know yet which side of the ball.
still no resolution on that matter yet bro?  I would think they would be wanting to get that handled as most schools start doing contract work for next year about now dont they?
Oh, I'm on the varsity staff... but until basketball season ends, that (BB) is the focus of the football HC.  And he's not out of the woods yet, as the towns-folk are still trying to raise up a good ol' fashioned "pitch-fork-and-torches" party (to get rid of him).  So, no... no resolution yet.  I'm ready to start working on next season... yesterday.  (Technically I was ready the day after the season ended...)

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pumpf" said:
Pumpf that is so cool!  Do you have time to break down Viking games like Z and Zerk? i would love to get you anslysis of stuff.
I tried that once (for the website), CA... for a preseason game.  And it took me 6 hours.  And my only focus was on the OL.  After that, I decided I just didn't have time for that.  Besides, I didn't think many people cared, since it was all just my opinion... which is no better than anyone else's opinion.  And, besides, those guys do a great job already.

But, I'm always available to offer my opinion on things... like how I would've stopped the Eagles' RPO game: http://vikefans.com/discussion/#/discuss...gle-slants

As for the RPO... I've been trying to find who "invented" it... but haven't been able to find out.  And most articles about it don't go past 2014.  So... Maybe I WAS the one... 

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"Caactorvike" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"pumpf" said:
I tried that once (for the website), CA... for a preseason game.  And it took me 6 hours.  And my only focus was on the OL.  After that, I decided I just didn't have time for that.  Besides, I didn't think many people cared, since it was all just my opinion... which is no better than anyone else's opinion.  And, besides, those guys do a great job already.

But, I'm always available to offer my opinion on things... like how I would've stopped the Eagles' RPO game: http://vikefans.com/discussion/#/discuss...gle-slants

As for the RPO... I've been trying to find who "invented" it... but haven't been able to find out.  And most articles about it don't go past 2014.  So... Maybe I WAS the one... 
We could bill it as “from the man who invented the RPO!”.  LOL.  well, just keep posting then. best—