Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final "What You Didn't See When the Cameras Were Off"
Thanks Tom. Glad you didn't do any interviews.  Not sure I could have watched them anyway.  Plenty of scar tissue makes it a bit easier as time goes on, but I didn't need to see the players struggling with questions after this loss.

Will give a breakdown of it later.  But thanks again for doing this.

Thanks all - I realized going to the airport that there were many more insights we experienced this season that we did not share.  I will get that all together and share the rest soon

As a fan sitting here today wondering "what happened" the written portion of your wrap up helps. 
We all saw the game so we know physically what happened but it is the mental part of the whole thing that I can't get my head around.  We were a team that was coached to be hungry, they were warned that opportunities like this occur sometimes only once in a career, we had stubbed our toe last year with a 5-0 start so were taking it "a game at a time", we were on the door step of playing in the SB in our own stadium.
Your summary helps a little by showing that the players were stunned as much as the fans.  I did not get anything out of Zimmer's press conference but your summary helps.
Skol Vikings!

S

Thanks Tom!  I don't post much, but sure enjoy coming here and getting updates.  Fantastic job covering the team and providing us with insights and tidbits that we would not ordinarily see or hear about.  Here's to a great draft, solid off-season, no injuries and a Viking team coming back focused and ready to take the next step up!

Tom, first of all, thanks for the great coverage and bringing a true fans perspective to the game and giving us an inside scoop that is missing anywhere else.  It is truly appreciated.  Also thanks for the human element you bring to this and especially kudos for not trying to do interviews in the aftermath of that debacle -- there is not a lot of judgement, humility and perspective in journalism these days, but you exude all of these qualities.

Two points to close the season, one positive and one negative.  On the negative side, I really can't stand the notion that fans should be happy with a season if it turns out we won a few more games than "everyone" expected.  The fact is that this year the heavens opened up for us and we were in a perfect position to step through to greatness.  We did not get all the way there.  Just like no one could have foreseen the massive O-line issues that doomed the 2016-17 season, no one would have expected the series of events that opened the door for the Vikings to be favored to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, at home.  Personally, I am not going to shrug off the failure to take advantage of the golden opportunity we had simply because in August a lot of folks predicted we would be 8-8.

On a positive side, we have the greatest fans in sport.  We have had our hearts ripped out, our heads kicked in.  We're ridiculed and beaten down by a history unlike any other franchise.  Yet we are friendly, welcoming and fiercely loyal.  How about that SKOL chant at the Mall of America?  The excitement this franchise gives to the State of Minnesota and its fans across the country and the globe.  When we reach the promised land, it will be all that much sweeter!

@"Tom Moore" than you so much for doing these.  I know the season didn't end the way we wanted to, but it was awesome having the insight your provided during this stellar season.

Really outstanding work, Tom.  Thank you.