Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big question, help
Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
Smile Could go incognito and wear another teams jersey but who wants to do that.  Still it would be fun to wear a Patriots jersey and tell everyone you're an advance scout.   Or, maybe a Cleveland Browns and see if they give you any sympathy. 
I would totally do this with a comical prop that looked like an old movie camera and pretend to take video of the game. 

Go & enjoy!!!!

POPS, I live 2 hours from Philly and travel to all of the east coast stadiums when the Vikes play.  Philly is by far the worse and their fans seem to relish their reputation.  So walking the concourse expect some abuse if wearing purple.  Mostly verbal, but I've seen some pushing that may be more prevalent with younger fans giving it back to them so if you just ignore them,  keep walking you will be fine.  Better off staying in the stadium and let most of the crowd clear out before leaving.  Enjoy the game win. 

Quote:  Hi@"MoosicMan" said:
POPS, I live 2 hours from Philly and travel to all of the east coast stadiums when the Vikes play.  Philly is by far the worse and their fans seem to relish their reputation.  So walking the concourse expect some abuse if wearing purple.  Mostly verbal, but I've seen some pushing that may be more prevalent with younger fans giving it back to them so if you just ignore them,  keep walking you will be fine.  Better off staying in the stadium and let most of the crowd clear out before leaving.  Enjoy the game win. 
Thanks. I plan on keeping a low profile. No purple. It's a shame that fans have to be that way.

Go and enjoy yourself and have someone in your group record everything so you can show the league just how Philly treats fans of other teams.  With the “attendence issue” this year I’d think the NFL would want as many fans as possible coming to the game.  I think it speaks volumes that a dad of a player doesn’t want to have to put up with shit from a certain fan base.  Don’t get me wrong...  rivarly is good and fun... but personal safety and property damage isn’t something ANY fan should have to deal with.  Not sure why the league turns a blind eye to the iggles fanbase behavior but maybe you(a parent of a player) could help them notice?  

Or just go and enjoy yourself.  Either way.....  GO.   

Quote: @"Bezerker88" said:
Go and enjoy yourself and have someone in your group record everything so you can show the league just how Philly treats fans of other teams.  With the “attendence issue” this year I’d think the NFL would want as many fans as possible coming to the game.  I think it speaks volumes that a dad of a player doesn’t want to have to put up with shit from a certain fan base.  Don’t get me wrong...  rivarly is good and fun... but personal safety and property damage isn’t something ANY fan should have to deal with.  Not sure why the league turns a blind eye to the iggles fanbase behavior but maybe you(a parent of a player) could help them notice?  

That's a great point.  I know that in the past, they've put police officers in opposing team colors to help with this.  I'm not sure if this is a weekly operation or just once in awhile, but it should be.

I would go Pops.  I too had an opportunity to go as but will hold off IF they make the SB.

I would NOT wear purple.

SKOL!

Quote: @"MoosicMan" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:

That's a great point.  I know that in the past, they've put police officers in opposing team colors to help with this.  I'm not sure if this is a weekly operation or just once in awhile, but it should be.
Well pops is a retired cops so maybe they can pay him to be there.  Smile

Heard Brian Billick talking about it on the radio yesterday. He said that if the Vikings win, Vikings fans wearing anything purple better take it off and hide it completely before leaving the stadium. He also said there was a cancelled preseason game for some reason, and he asked them to not announce it for an hour so he could get the team out of town.

Slip into your seat  quietly sip your hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps to warm the engine.  Just before game time strip off your outer jacket revealing a 96 Robison jersey  and loudly proclaim "I'm not sure Nick  the Pick Foles will finish this game with my son Out there today."