Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett Favre Reveals That He Was Concussed During 2009 NFC Championship Game
It'll turn out that all hardcore Viking's fans got a touch of CTE from that game. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
It'll turn out that all hardcore Viking's fans got a touch of CTE from that game. 
Certainly that as well as some hard core PTSD.

Favre's leg was all bruised and swollen up after the game.  He was in really bad shape and would not have been near 100% for the Super Bowl.  I'm sure he would have hobbled onto the field with the help of a lot of injections but I am not convinced he would have played good enough for us to win.  The Saints really cheap-shotted him all game on low hits and very few were called.  Compare that too today's protection of QB's where you can't even graze their head or go anywhere near their knees.  There would have been about 10 roughing the QB calls if called like I see today.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Favre's leg was all bruised and swollen up after the game.  He was in really bad shape and would not have been near 100% for the Super Bowl.  I'm sure he would have hobbled onto the field with the help of a lot of injections but I am not convinced he would have played good enough for us to win.  The Saints really cheap-shotted him all game on low hits and very few were called.  Compare that too today's protection of QB's where you can't even graze their head or go anywhere near their knees.  There would have been about 10 roughing the QB calls if called like I see today.  
Pretty sure most of the hits he took were illegal then as well.

The late hits to the head by the POS Sharper.  The hi-low by Remi and another (really hated Frazier for signing that worthless piece of shit).  The hit long after the hand off. 

I know the hi-low was illegal at that time and the hits to the head were late.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"minny65" said:

The late hits to the head by the POS Sharper.  The hi-low by Remi and another (really hated Frazier for signing that worthless piece of shit).  The hit long after the hand off. 

Yes they were illegal then and now but not called of course.  Now I can't see how they couldn't call them illegal today the way the last few years have been called so ticky tac vs QB.  Favre literally had the crap beat out of him.  I don't think he would have played well after that beating.  Was it the next year the Saints got nailed with bountygate???  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"minny65" said:

Yes they were illegal then and now but not called of course.  Now I can't see how they couldn't call them illegal today the way the last few years have been called so ticky tac vs QB.  Favre literally had the crap beat out of him.  I don't think he would have played well after that beating.  Was it the next year the Saints got nailed with bountygate???  
I think it took a year.  the NFL didn't really want to "taint" their championship while there were still sales to be made.

I agree, Favre would likely have not been able to play, or at least would have been gimpy.  But Indy wasn't a real formidable opponent that year either. 

As to the ticky tac, some QBs still don't get the calls.  Funny how much of a beating Cam will take inside the pocket without getting calls.  now when he is outside the pocket and a runner, he should not be protected.  But even in the pocket, he isn't protected like Brees Brady or Rodgers.

I personally liked Favre when he was here. Absolutely hated him when he wasnt. 

Lust? Greed? Desperation at the postion? I dont know. I curiously wanted him to come here when the rumors of him wanting to play here were hot. I was like "oh shit?!" when he arrived. He won me over with grit and obvious command of the offense. He looked excited to be here. That TD to Greg Lewis was insane.

I have a framed Sports Illustrated of Favre in purple among my Vikings memorabillia. Wish it would have worked out in that NFCC game, and in 2010.

He gave us the rest of all he had left. He took some shots in that Championship game, and some nasty ones in 2010 too. I hate his Packer career, but my lasting memories of the guy are with us. ... and hey, he motivated the hell outta John Randle lol... loved those battles.

The cheap f*ckers basically put Kurt Warner into retirement the week before and for all intents and purposes, did the same to Favre the following week.

Maybe I do want to see Brees go down after all...

and all the while Brees saying he didnt know nuttin about nuttin.  I dont buy any of it.  The voach gets suspended a year, the DC was banished for two?  And Brees didnt know anything?  I look forward to his body looking like Favres ankle.