Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett Favre Reveals That He Was Concussed During 2009 NFC Championship Game
I would love to return the favor on Sunday.  Except on a clean hit, and not late, cheap-ass shots to the head.

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/vikings...ship-game/

This weekend's game against the New Orleans Saints is drumming up all sorts of bad memories from the 2009 NFC Championship game that tragically ended the Vikings season. While that storyline is mainly coming from the fanbase and not the locker room with this year's squad, the feelings are unchanged. 
In accordance with a set of interviews he is doing for a documentary series in which he is both the subject and producer for, Brett Favre chatted today and unveiled some interesting nuggets in regards to that game nine years ago.
Favre went on to say that the 2009 NFC Championship Game was probably "the most violent" game he had ever experienced in a notably violent sport. Remember, Favre's ankle was badly injured in that game and it was later revealed that the Saints had employed a "bounty" on knocking Favre out of the game.
That was the information that we knew, what we didn't know was this. 
According to Favre himself, he was actually concussed during the Saints game after repeated late hits to the head and attempted to power through to finish the game.

Actually, I take that back.  I would rather Brees play the entire game and we still beat the tar out of them.  That way the Saints have no excuses and they can see that we don't need to cheat in order to beat their asses.

Dang, didn't need to see that ugly mug in purple again.

As to Brees, hopefully they pull him in the 4th to avoid more hits because he is ineffective and the game is out of reach.

The dude played hard and was tough as hell. Hated when we signed him...but he won me over....2009 was a fun year! "Pants on ground" lol
He didn't deserve that beating!

Quote: @Dnalsi said:
The dude played hard and was tough as hell. Hated when we signed him...but he won me over....2009 was a fun year! "Pants on ground" lol
He didn't deserve that beating!
I'm with 'ya.  I hated Brett until I loved him, then he broke my heart.  B)

Those two '09 games against GB were classics; especially the Lambeau game.  One of my favorites for sure.

You dont say?? The saints beat the everloving shit out of him. 

Shit, Tarvaris Jackson woulda pulled it out...  :3

.what won me  over  with  favre was robert smith being  aked what  he  thought  of  brett joining  the  vikings . he said  he  was  un sure so  he asked johny  (randle) what  he  thought . robert said   johny was   good with it  so  that  was  good  enough for  him. i thought  hell if  randle is  good with it whoam i to argue. then his  play  one  me  over and   up till gettting  screwed  by those cheatin  aints and the  nfl it was  fun . thinking  back  on  favre  playing  days   i  think weall would  really liked  hima lot asa player if  he played  somewhere else  he wastough   always smiling   joking  withh the  other  teams  def . none of that whinny  crying  begging  for flags  s likewe see  a  certain qb  do all the time  

))

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:

Theres a name I haven't heard of in ages

Quote: @Canthony said:
@BlackMagic7 said:

Theres a name I haven't heard of in ages

I probably broke VikeFans.com Terms of Service saying it...