Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why aren’t the Vikes signing any of their QBs?
I think the Vikes wanted to wait it out to see if attrition would help clear things up by the end of the season.  Well, that didn't happen.  Not only did the top two QBs (Sam and Teddy) seem to get healthy again, but now the 3rd stringer (Case) is unexpectedly playing like a top-tier starting QB.

Now the regular season is over, and they still have no answers on who the long-term QB will be. They'll just continue to roll along with Case for this playoff run, but the future QB decisions are actully more complicated now than at the beginning of the season.  I'm sure RS and Zim are just as happy as us fans it turned out this way.  We all know not having Sam or Teddy could've easily sunk this season.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@MarkSP18 said:
Maybe they are going to try to sign Kirk Cousins instead of any of these 3?

I would be more than happy with that move.

I think trading for Alex Smith IMO is most likely going to happen if its not one of our current 3.
Maybe they do that but I do not like the idea of giving up a likely, at the least, 3rd round pick.

I guess it depends on who hits free agency.

The team is scared of both Teddy and Sam's knees.  I would be too. 

Maybe it’s just not the time to do so. There are many other things to focus on. It will occur when the time is right. 

Quote: @Ponifan said:
Sams knees have proven to be problematic,  but Teddy has had no more knee issues than Case ( or pretty much anybody else in the league)  yes his was more severe but he has been medically cleared.  If you are going to ding everybody that's had a knee injury your roster is going to be pretty bare.  It's just part of the game.

Maybe rick is waitng to see if the chiefs are really going to push Alex Smith out.  He would be great in this offense.

The QB situation is going to be a HUUUUGE point of discussion and debate, after the season ends.  It's so tempting to get deep into all the possibilities and problems.  It will not be a boring offseason in regards to that.  But I'd like to wait until then to really think about it.  IF this ends up being a SB season I want to experience the now not be distracted by what ifs.

SKOL

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Ponifan said:
Sams knees have proven to be problematic,  but Teddy has had no more knee issues than Case ( or pretty much anybody else in the league)  yes his was more severe but he has been medically cleared.  If you are going to ding everybody that's had a knee injury your roster is going to be pretty bare.  It's just part of the game.

Very few, if any, injure themselves without the benefit of physical contact.  As far as being cleared?  Well, he was cleared to play before his knew gave out.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Ponifan said:

Very few, if any, injure themselves without the benefit of physical contact.  As far as being cleared?  Well, he was cleared to play before his knew gave out.
There is no way that kids knee blew out without previous injury.  He played how many years of football and this hadn't happened before so it's extremely unlikely that it was a problem  He was born with.  He likely popped soemthing in a previous game or other ,  and when it was stressed it let go completely and the weight and angle coming down is where the dislocation occurred. 

What evidence suggests that the team is scared of Teddy’s
knee?  (or for that matter Sam’s knee?)

I remember not too long ago there was this big drawn out
conversation about the Vikings being unsure of which QB was going to
start.  To me they looked ready to make
the move to Bridgewater, but Keenum just kept playing too good to take
out.

For me, as a fan not really having watched Bridgewater, I could
imagine he could experience some lack of confidence in his repaired ligaments,
like a lot of players due with ACL injuries, but by next training camp, he’ll
be 2 years removed from injury and by then most players are feeling confident
on their knees.