Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of a Dynasty?
Quote: @"pumpf" said:
Belichick can with without Brady.  Brady will not win without Belichick.
That is an interesting way to look at it. 

Belichick has done well establishing himself as the supreme commander who shall not be questioned.  But part of that mystique is because he has had a great QB winning games for him.  Without Brady, would Bill have been more Childress and less legendary? 

I like Zimmer's approach.  A leader of men by example, not by fear.  He cares about them like a father and with his genius defensive abilities, he commands their respect.

Well we're going to have an OC opening. 

I’ll be glad when they both retire.  Nothing against either of them, they just win
too much.  It’ll be good to open things
up again.
There wasn’t too much to be done about Garoppolo.  As long as Brady is still the QB for at least
another year or two, he needed to leave and get a shot somewhere.  They waited as long as possible and traded
him for value.  The only real question is
whether you’d rather have Garoppolo for the rest of the season over Hoyer or
whether you’d rather have Hoyer and the 2nd round pick.  Brady has been durable over his career.
I think most of that article is overstating things.  Just a gut feeling, but I don’t think
Belichek will have much of an issue with keeping people on task.  I disagree that the issue would be
galvanizing.  I don’t think they’ll be
any better for having been through a situation like this, but I don’t think the
best coach in history and the best QB in history having a little tiffle about
respect or trainers is going to result in their imploding the team.
The biggest risk to their team is old age.  If Belichek starts to loses his drive or if
Brady falls off a cliff before they can get a replacement up to speed.  That’s what will be the beginning of the end. 

All coaches need a good QB. 
That is certain, but would Brady be Brady without Belicheks grooming?  We’ll never know.  If Belichek keeled over a decade ago, but Brady
was still playing, I think they’d look a lot like the Saints or the
Packers.  Constantly hovering around the
playoffs, but not going deep in the playoffs except every so often when things
aligned.  The primary thing that makes
the Patriots great is not Brady, but how disciplined and resilient they are and
that is coaching.  Belichek takes
problems and figures out how to make them disappear.  Brady makes his job a lot easier.

I thing that is often misinterpreted about NE is that they run a very cutthroat franchise there and Belichek has a lot of control. At this point its deserved. In Brady's shoes, how do you know that you won't be the next? On the outside you get the feeling that Brady has some doubts he'll be able to finish his career in NE on his own terms. If Belichek is the one who is potentially going to oust him, why not to try and get him to walk away first? 

Like this slipped through the cracks? HAHA! This seems constructed suddenly... was this the 1st time they had differences in nearly 20 years? LOL!

McDaniels to Giants.  Giants and Patriots swap coaches.