Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of a Dynasty?

The Garopolo trade made no sense at the time and then the banning of Guerrero and this explains it but....
I can’t shake the feeling that somehow the trio will be holding the Lombardi Trophy again and all will be fine.  if they lose, then I think all bets are off when it comes to Belichek.

Quote: @"Purplewhizz" said:
The Garopolo trade made no sense at the time and then the banning of Guerrero and this explains it but....
I can’t shake the feeling that somehow the trio will be holding the Lombardi Trophy again and all will be fine.  if they lose, then I think all bets are off when it comes to Belichek.
Agreed. This may help galvanize the organization and players to win the Superbowl this year. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
Agreed. This may help galvanize the organization and players to win the Superbowl this year. 
I had a similar thought.

In reading this, I thought that Brady kinda comes across as the villain, while Belichek comes off as being all about the team.

I'm really intrigued to watch them vs the Steelers, who look incredibly potent right now.

Brady is starting to seem more and more like a prima donna, and this "guru" that he has around the team sounds like bad news.

However, I'm not really sure what the team's options were regarding Jimmy G. besides either letting him walk at the end of the season or trading him before that.  With Brady talking about playing into his mid-40s, I doubt Jimmy would have wanted to wait around as a backup for another 5 years when he would have been one of the more sought after free agents this offseason.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
Double agree regarding galvanizing the org. Not sure their run of Camelot isn't over though. This feels like the year there is a new king. Just a gut feeling. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
Double agree regarding galvanizing the org.
I'm not so sure.  If there actually is this much strife inside the organization, I'm not sure that reporting about it is all of a sudden going to get everyone back on the same page again.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
Double agree regarding galvanizing the org.
I'm not so sure.  If there actually is this much strife inside the organization, I'm not sure that reporting about it is all of a sudden going to get everyone back on the same page again.
At 13-3, it doesn’t seem to have affected them negatively a whole lot.  

Belichick can with without Brady.  Brady will not win without Belichick.