Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vick getting trashed for telling kapernick to get a haircut.
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
Huge difference. Vick did something to apologize for, Kaepernick didn't. His intention may have been good but it's not going to work with Kaepernick.
all depends on how you view your flag and your country,  if you own a business and your fan base is pretty patriotic and kapernick did what he did... I would guess that some would be waiting for some contrition.   just because you dont see an issue with what he did doesnt mean one doesnt exist.   let him flip burgers IMO.
I get that. My point was in reference to Vick. And of course some see his form of protest as unpatriotic and others don't. Some see his approach as freedom of expression and very patriotic because he was speaking out against injustice. Another example of very different points of view on the issue. Lately, he has gone off the rails a bit. And I do understand the image consideration, which is what Vick was referring to.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
Huge difference. Vick did something to apologize for, Kaepernick didn't. His intention may have been good but it's not going to work with Kaepernick.
all depends on how you view your flag and your country,  if you own a business and your fan base is pretty patriotic and kapernick did what he did... I would guess that some would be waiting for some contrition.   just because you dont see an issue with what he did doesnt mean one doesnt exist.   let him flip burgers IMO.
I get that. My point was in reference to Vick. And of course some see his form of protest as unpatriotic and others don't. Some see his approach as freedom of expression and very patriotic because he was speaking out against injustice. Another example of very different points of view on the issue. Lately, he has gone off the rails a bit. And I do understand the image consideration, which is what Vick was referring to.
so we are back to image,  both physical and social, which is what Vick was fighting as well as Kapernick is fighting.  it was a suggestion to clean up the physical image to garner a new look from those that see his outward appearance as an indicator of whats going on inside.  a change would do him good, period.  this isnt a matter of what people think as far as right and wrong,  this is a matter of how people perceive collin kapernick,  any type of outward change would benefit his situation is all Vick was saying.... show them something that says you are capable of, or attempting to change.

Vick always did seem to favor short hair breeds if I recall correctly...

Michael Vick “truly sorry for what I said” about Colin KaepernickPosted by Michael David Smith on July 20, 2017, 11:44 AM EDT[Image: vick.jpg?w=237]Getty ImagesAfter saying this week that Colin Kaepernick’s continued unemployment is his own fault, Michael Vick has reconsidered.
Vick said on the Dan Patrick Show that that he’s sorry he said Kaepernick’s play and not his national anthem protest is the reason he’s been unable to find an NFL team this offseason.
“What I said, I should have never said,” Vick said. “I think it was taken out of context in regards to what I was trying to convey, but I only want to help Colin Kaepernick. I’m not a general manager, I’m not the guy who makes the decisions on getting him signed, and I’m truly sorry for what I said. I think I should have used a better choice of words.”
Vick specifically said he’s sorry he urged Kaepernick to get a haircut, saying he doesn’t think that has any bearing on Kaepernick’s situation.
“His afro has nothing to do with him being signed and I wasn’t trying to relay that message. It was more about helping him at the end of the day,” Vick said.
That’s quite a change of heart, coming after Vick received quite a bit of criticism for his comments.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Michael Vick “truly sorry for what I said” about Colin Kaepernick
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 20, 2017, 11:44 AM EDT[Image: vick.jpg?w=237]Getty ImagesAfter saying this week that Colin Kaepernick’s continued unemployment is his own fault, Michael Vick has reconsidered.
Vick said on the Dan Patrick Show that that he’s sorry he said Kaepernick’s play and not his national anthem protest is the reason he’s been unable to find an NFL team this offseason.
“What I said, I should have never said,” Vick said. “I think it was taken out of context in regards to what I was trying to convey, but I only want to help Colin Kaepernick. I’m not a general manager, I’m not the guy who makes the decisions on getting him signed, and I’m truly sorry for what I said. I think I should have used a better choice of words.”
Vick specifically said he’s sorry he urged Kaepernick to get a haircut, saying he doesn’t think that has any bearing on Kaepernick’s situation.
“His afro has nothing to do with him being signed and I wasn’t trying to relay that message. It was more about helping him at the end of the day,” Vick said.
That’s quite a change of heart, coming after Vick received quite a bit of criticism for his comments.
or oops, i said something that pissed people off, i better back track so I dont have to explain myself.

Jeezus, if you make a statement stand behind it, if you meant it, in the end you answer to yourself, not what you believe somebody thinks of you.  If you truly are sorry, you are a sorry individual for bringing it up.  If you say or type it OWN IT!  I'm am tired of the folding lawn chairs.  

Quote: @Vikefever said:
Jeezus, if you make a statement stand behind it, if you meant it, in the end you answer to yourself, not what you believe somebody thinks of you.  If you truly are sorry, you are a sorry individual for bringing it up.  If you say or type it OWN IT!  I'm am tired of the folding lawn chairs.  
The "truly sorry" is a bunch of crap IMO.  The only thing he is sorry for is that he said it on record and is being hassled for it.

Not sure stating an opinion on an opinion oriented show warrants "truly sorry".