Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vick getting trashed for telling kapernick to get a haircut.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/coli...li=BBnb7Kz

whats the big deal here?  is it really earth shattering that corporate America would prefer to have their representatives ( QBs are often the faces of the franchise)  to fit a certain mold?  Kapernick was being very outspoken on unpopular topics to many and with the radical hairdo it sends a message that he will continue to rock the boat and not conform to the image and type of player that a corporation would want out front.  Its like a hippie in the 60s,  if you saw long hair... what did you expect to hear?  if you saw a well groomed person would you expect anti war rhetoric and all the other hippie generation themes?

Does the hair make the man.. no chance no way,  but it does at times reflect on a persona that a person is trying to portray or a way of life they are trying to live.  or it could be they are just having a bad hair day.

If I  was kapernick i wouldnt be trying to piss off anybody that is reaching out to me with help or advice... he has a lot of people that supposedly support him,  but apparently none of them are in a position to actually do anything about it.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

At this point, the damage is
done.  Going cleancut isn’t going to make
people forget that he has strong political stances and that media is going to
blowup anything he says or doesn’t say into a distraction.

And Vick is the absolute last person he should ever take advice from, but he should have let it die rather than addressing it.

Quote: @medaille said:

And Vick is the absolute last person he should ever take advice from, but he should have let it die rather than addressing it.
Vick has been in kapernicks shoes, different reasons but both were public enemy #1 and I think that is where he was speaking from.  clean up the physical appearance and maybe people will forgive or at least forget the offenses.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:

Vick has been in kapernicks shoes, different reasons but both were public enemy #1 and I think that is where he was speaking from.  clean up the physical appearance and maybe people will forgive or at least forget the offenses.
The Vick and Kaepernick situations really aren't comparable.

Quote: @claykenny said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:

The Vick and Kaepernick situations really aren't comparable.
Are they not both QBs?  Both public opinion Poison?  I think on a certain level they are very similar. 

I think they are similar in the sense that they are both lightning rods for media craziness, but Vick did legitimate horrible things.  Kaepernick like Kluwe just had politically minded views that a large chunk of the football audience didn't agree with.

Quote: @medaille said:
I think they are similar in the sense that they are both lightning rods for media craziness, but Vick did legitimate horrible things.  Kaepernick like Kluwe just had politically minded views that a large chunk of the football audience didn't agree with.
Oh I see the difference,  but in the eyes of some one is no worse than  the other and patriotism is still pretty strong with a lot of people in this country...maybe more so than the dog fighting issue.

Huge difference. Vick did something to apologize for, Kaepernick didn't. His intention may have been good but it's not going to work with Kaepernick.

It looks to me that the media is really getting desperate these days to highlight a comment about someone's hair-style.  What's next?  A comment on the style of shoes another player wears?  Shit to just stir up controversy, that's all I see.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Huge difference. Vick did something to apologize for, Kaepernick didn't. His intention may have been good but it's not going to work with Kaepernick.
all depends on how you view your flag and your country,  if you own a business and your fan base is pretty patriotic and kapernick did what he did... I would guess that some would be waiting for some contrition.   just because you dont see an issue with what he did doesnt mean one doesnt exist.   let him flip burgers IMO.